Runescape: Archaeology Launch Trailer
Dig deep into RuneScape’s new skill and unearth treasures from Gielinor’s past.
via press release:
Archaeology is the 28th skill to come to RuneScape, and the most powerful in the game’s 19-year history. Skills are a key feature in RuneScape and bring a whole new way to level your avatar. The skill is available up to level 20 for free-to-play players, giving them plenty of chance to explore the first dig site. It sees players excavate and restore artefacts using their gathering talents, while the discovery of ancient relics will unlock powerful game-wide perks. As players explore the expansive dig sites they’ll also uncover ancient training methods for new powers – Ancient Summoning and Ancient Invention.
Kharid-Et, the first dig site players will encounter, lies beneath the sand near the city of Al Kharid. Built by the followers of the powerful god Zaros, this fortress was thought to be lost during the God Wars, but hidden within its depths are lost weapons and ancient magics.
Further locations include:
- Everlight: Uncover items and try to extinguish the lighthouse at the heart of this former Icyene settlement.
- The Infernal Source: Located underneath the Wilderness Volcano, players will learn about Zamorak’s connection with demons, and the origins of demons in Gielinor.
- Stormguard Citadel: A former Armadylean fortress and laboratory with a connection to the Temple of Ikov.
- Warforge!: An abandoned Bandosian military installation for goblins in Feldip Hills.
Archaeology arrives with a level cap of 120 for RuneScape members. There will be a six-month grace period where players won’t be able to use bonus experience, experience lamps of other boosts to train this skill – the race is on to be the first to grab the highly desirable Completion Capes!
An elite skilling outfit for Archaeology is also available which grants players exciting perks such as increased excavation success rate, unlimited teleports to dig site camps and more. There’s also the adorable new skilling pet, Archie the child mummy!
Archaeology is far more than simply a skill, offering new materials, new buffs, stupendous rewards and epic locations. Far greater mysteries await discovery and through mastering Archaeology, players will gain powers that will provide significant advantages in the upcoming The Elder God War Dungeon, releasing later this year.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- New screenshots for The Lord of the Rings Online Update 7
- The Lord of the Rings Online is preparing for its next update (Update 7) with its first set of screenshots.
- Guild Wars 2 Reveals The Elementalist Elite Specialization, Tempest
- The tempest enables players to harness the elements with a myriad of new skills and a new weapon to utilize – the warhorn.