Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Announced for 30 September
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced the release date of Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 as 30 September.
Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 is a major gameplay upgrade to the Beta:
- Combat ratings from ‘Harmless’ all the way up to ‘Elite’.
- Reputations per system and galaxy-wide that influence attitudes and prices offered to you.
- Ability to discover and explore and scan new systems and sell the data on them.
- Detailed system maps.
- Around 500 additional star systems to explore.
- Lakon Asp Explorer ships added.
- Much greater variety of upgradable Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks for all ships.
- Ships are subject to gradual ‘wear and tear’.
- New weapons including mines and a new non-lethal missile-deployed cargo hatch disruptor for piracy.
- Outposts (small, exposed ‘roadside café’ stations in remote locations)
- Occelus starports, a version of which can move around for early civilization of new systems and space tourism.
- Visibility of other ships in supercruise, and track others through supercruise and hyperspace.
- Newsfeeds about events from the rest of the galaxy and player activity in your local system.
- All backers names (from the appropriate crowd-funding reward tiers) have been added to the NPC naming database.
It also includes a host of other improvements and optimizations including additional rock, ice and metal planetary ring types, a lot more music and some optional ‘simulator’ tutorials.
SLI/Crossfire support allows play in 4K ultra-high definition (with appropriate hardware).
David Braben, CEO of Frontier said, “We are excited for people to start playing Beta 2 on 30 September – it’s another major step forward in development, and the team continues to work hard towards the full release later this year.”
Elite: Dangerous will be released in Q4 2014.
For more info, visit http://elitedangerous.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 Launches Spirit Vale Raid Wing
- ArenaNet just activated the first raid wing for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns with the release of Spirit Vale.
- Webzen Celebrates the 11th Anniversary of Webzen.com
- WEBZEN announced today the 11th Anniversary celebration of its global game portal, Webzen.com.
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires Playstation 4 Review
- At the end of the game if you played as a created character, you can see them again in other replays, provided you are playing someone new. Ho...