Free Realms Enters Closed Beta
I’ve been following Free Realms for several months now and its shaping up to be a very polished free to play MMORPG. Sony is the name behind many early MMORPG classics such as EverQuest so high production value and attention to detail are almost guaranteed. For additional content and features, players will be able to subscribe but let’s just hope us free players aren’t left too far behind. WIth a light hearted cartoon visuals, Free Realms is aiming for the same crowd as games like Wizard101 and Cartoon Network’s FusionFall. I still haven’t had a chance to personally participate in the beta but hopefully I can do so before its official release.
Keep an eye open for our Free Realms preview, coming soon!
SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – Feb. 26, 2009 – Free Realms™, a free online virtual world developed for kids and families by Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), has entered the closed beta stage of development. SOE is currently accepting early registration for open beta, set to start in early April. To be considered for participation in the open beta, players of all ages can register at www.freerealms.com.
Free Realms is currently in a critical stage of development known as beta. Beta testing is the last step of game development and the first chance for a few selected players outside of the company to experience the game.
“The beta testing phase is integral to the success of any video game, and we are asking that kids, parents, video game fans of all ages sign up to help us during these final weeks before Free Realms launches,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “Ten years ago, SOE introduced EverQuest, the genre-defining online video game, and this spring, we will introduce Free Realms, a game I believe will expand and enrich the kids’ online gaming genre which really shows the rapid evolution of the online game space.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Brick-Force closed beta announced
- A new game publisher and developer, Infernum, has announced the closed beta for its first online offering: Brick-Force.
- Dragon's Wrath - UI Preview
- Scheduled to launch this June on the Game321.com games portal, Dragon’s Wrath is a horizontal, combat-based MMORPG that casts players as dar...
- Heroes of the Storm Cho'gall and Towers of Doom Review
- I was very pleased with the latest HoTS patch. Blizzard continues to set Heroes of the Storm apart from other games in the genre.