DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Big Huge Games and Nexon M Release DomiNations
- Big Huge Games and Nexon M have released DomiNations, a mobile strategy game challenging players to lead their own civilization.
- Prime World Addresses Concerns, Finalizes Noble's Code
- Nival's English version of Prime World launched to Steam this month, bringing with it both a beneficial boon of new blood as well as a st...
- Air Brawl Kickstarter Demo Impressions
- Air Brawl focuses on the idea to allow players to use the map and its terrain to their advantage. The maps will have many different paths with...