DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Warframe: Tons of New Features Revealed at PAX EAST 2015
- Digital Extremes revealed numerous exciting changes and additions coming to Warframe in 2015 during its recent PAX East after-dark livestream ...
- Space Engineers Creators Launch New Affiliate Program
- Keen Software House, an independent development studio based in Prague and creators of the PC hit Space Engineers, has launched a new “affil...
- Honor of Throne Launches Major Update
- NetDragon has released what they are called a major update for their first chess-based strategic action game, Honor of Throne.