DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- TERA Open Beta PS4 Thoughts
- I did not play much of TERA on PC but I absolutely love it on console.
- Nosgoth Beta Review
- Nosgoth is a free-to-play competitive, team-based Humans vs. Vampire first person shooter by Psyonix and Square Enix.
- Play Squeal of Fortune in RuneScape
- RuneScape has released a new game for players to test their luck on: the Squeal of Fortune.