DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rainbow Saga Beta Impressions
- First off: The game starts out with no character customization options. Players will just pick their character as either a male or a female an...
- New First Assault Character Revealed: Maven
- Today, Neople has released its first major content update for First Assault, introducing a new character and new map.
- CoD Black Ops III: Nuketown Returns
- A re-imagined version of the fan-favourite multiplayer map Nuketown, is coming to Call of Duty®: Black Ops III.