DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Seal Online: New Server Opening Soon
- JC Planet has recently announced that they will be hosting the classic 3D MMORPG: Seal Online, with a brand new server and new events for play...
- Valve Announces 'Living Room' Focused SteamOS
- Valve has officially announced SteamOS, a new operating system designed to make Steam games big-screen friendly by offering a Steam-powered ex...
- Rogue Life News - New Heroes & Portuguese Language Support
- Glowhow has added three new warriors in its action shooting RPG, Rogue Life, along with new Portuguese language support.