DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 11/14: Trove, UWO, and Bless
- Daily dose of MMO news featuring Trove, Uncharted Waters Online, and Bless.
- Quantum Rush: Now available on Steam
- GameArt Studio, the developer of Quantum Rush Online today announced that the future racer, as by 28.07, can now be played on Steam as well! G...
- BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! First General Election Begins
- Fans of the BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! mobile game will now be able to vote on which band they would like to perform at their birthday!