DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Snail CEO Shi Hai Brings Black Gold and Age of Wushu Clips to GDC 2012
- Snail Game CEO Shi Hai was among those who delivered speeches at the conference. He addressed the theme “Breaking New Ground in the MMO Genr...
- No Man’s Sky Review (PlayStation 4)
- I’ve reviewed dozens of games in my career, ranging from the truly awful to the genuinely amazing, yet none of those reviews prepared me.
- SMITE Camazotz God in Review
- October is almost over, and it’s time to talk about something Spooky!