DOTA 2 to be free-to-play*
According to Polygon, DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) 2 will be free-to-play with a twist.
Reported in a podcast, Gabe Newell stated that the free-to-play model will be different than other models, indicating that they hope to reward players who are valuable to the community. Some possible rewarded behavior includes training other people. This should mean that we can expect players will earn some form of currency or reward value for their in-game contributions, and not just for play time or cash.
DOTA 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Escape from Tarkov - Closed Beta Active Now
- The closed beta for Escape from Tarkov is now officially live! All early access packages now have access to the game.
- SMITE Sets Celestial Wedding Patch for August 18th
- Hirez has released patch notes for SMITE's upcoming Celestial Wedding update, set to go live on August 18th, 2015.
- Dark Souls III Early Hands-On Impressions
- Calistoga, California – home of the Amorosa Winery Castle and the setting for the first hands-on demo of Dark Souls III. Checkout what we di...