Dragon Saga is a unique, 3D side-scrolling MMORPG that closely resembles arcade classics like Gauntlet Legends, as well as PC Action MMORPGs like GhostX or Dungeon Fighter Online. The game used to be called Dragonica Online and was published by THQ, but since Gravity Interactive took over the service – they renamed the game to Dragon Saga. In some parts of the world the game is still called Dragonica Online. Those that are tired of traditional side scrolling games like MapleStory and Wind Slayer should find that Dragon Saga is genuinely different gaming experience; and a fun one at that. The game’s four starting classes are:
Warrior – Warriors are the traditional ‘tank’ class in Dragon Saga. They have a large pool of hit points and are effective in melee combat but have little ranged damage.
Thief – Thieves, like in most games, are proficient at dealing damage and rely on their agility to attack rapidly in combat. Even though they can deal large amounts of damage they are vulnerable in melee combat as they have don’t have nearly as many hit points as a warrior.
Magician – The Magician in Dragon Saga is the basic spell caster of the game. They have both supportive and offensive spells and can better specialize after their first job advancement. They are extremely weak in melee range as they have the least hit points in the game.
Archer – The archer class in Dragon Saga is proficient with both bow weapons and can deal a fair amount of damage from a distance but is vulnerable in melee range. They have more hit points than a Magician but less than a Warrior.
Each class has multiple job advancements. In addition, the game features pets that offer special boosts and perks, a private home for each character, and special crafting features to further enhance your character.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 15, 2009
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gravity
- Publisher: Gravity Interactive
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Innovative 3D side-scrolling gameplay.
- +Multiple Job advancements.
- +Great instanced dungeon system.
- -Button mashing combat can get repetitive.
- -Combat may feel too easy at times.
- -May take a while to master control scheme.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Pentium E2140/E2200 or better
- RAM: 2GB or higher
- GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3650 or better or GeForce 8800GT or better
- Description: Unlike other traditional side-scrollers Dragon Saga is actually 3D, meaning players have a bit more freedom in moving their character. With numerous quests, an excellent dungeon system, and fun, fast-paced gameplay, Dragon Saga offers a unique gaming experience well worth exploring.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - Developer Interview
- We recently had the opportunity to chat with a pair of the Square Enix developers on their mobile title, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.
- Infinite Crisis: Krypto Demo Video Revealed
- Soon after the birth of his son, Jor-El genetically altered a Kryptonian hound to increase its intelligence and loyalty so that it would serve...
- ROSE Online Announces Sea of Dawn
- Gravity Interactive has announced the latest expansion to come to ROSE Online: Sea of Dawn.