Quantic Dream is ending development on Spellcasters Chronicles, servers stay up until June 2026

Quantic Dream has ended development on Spellcasters Chronicles, its multiplayer project that had been in Early Access. In a studio update, the company said the game didn’t reach a large enough audience to support it long term, and it’s now shifting resources to other projects. For those who never gave the game a chance, it was an unremarkable MOBA.

Players won’t lose access right away. Spellcasters Chronicles will stay online until June 19, 2026, when its servers are scheduled to shut down. Quantic Dream also says all money spent during Early Access will be eligible for a full refund on request, with more details to come through the game’s official channels and Discord.

The decision also comes with an internal reorganization at the studio. Quantic Dream says it plans to prioritize reassigning staff internally where possible as work continues on its other productions.

One thing the studio addressed directly is Star Wars Eclipse. According to Quantic Dream, that game is not affected by the cancellation of Spellcasters Chronicles and development is continuing as planned.

Spellcasters Chronicles was described by the studio as an attempt to explore a new kind of original multiplayer game. That experiment is now over, but players still have a long runway before the game goes offline for good.