War may never change, but Bethesda can, and does, with their latest offering in the Fallout franchise. Fallout 76 not only takes players to the scenic hills of West Virginia, but for the first time also takes them online for a multiplayer experience.
25 years after the end of the “Great War”, which ended in nuclear cataclysm, you and your fellow vault dwellers emerge on reclamation day. In fact, every single human found outside Vault 76 will be a player character.
This player driven wasteland experience is a large part of the innovation of Fallout 76. Bethesda says there will be quests, and players may elect to spend most of their time alone, but that encountering other human beings will entail interacting with their fellow players on a variety of persistent servers.
Fallout 76 definitely has all the eye candy and ambiance of a Fallout title, especially the power armor and structures. Players will be able to craft structures using a new C.A.M.P. system which will save said structures as blueprints, allowing players to travel from server to server seamlessly. Character progress will also be account bound and stored on a centralized Bethesda server, meaning you can play as the same persona on whatever server you wish.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: Nov 14, 2018
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Bethesda
- Publisher: Bethesda
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
- System Requirements not yet known.
- Description: War may never change, but Bethesda can, and does, with their latest offering in the Fallout franchise.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Bad Seed Unleashes Turn-Based Mayhem Onto Steam with INSIDIA
- Italian Developer Bad Seed is proud to launch a new turn-based strategy game later this month, Insidia.
- Auto Club Revolution adds the McLaren MP4-12C
- The McLaren MP4-12C has zoomed into Auto Club Revolution.
- SWTOR: Shadow of Revan Preview
- Zelus tries out the newest expansion of SWTOR - guess who's baaaaaack.