War may never change, but Bethesda can, and does, with their latest offering in the Fallout franchise. Fallout 76 not only takes players to the scenic hills of West Virginia, but for the first time also takes them online for a multiplayer experience.
25 years after the end of the “Great War”, which ended in nuclear cataclysm, you and your fellow vault dwellers emerge on reclamation day. In fact, every single human found outside Vault 76 will be a player character.
This player driven wasteland experience is a large part of the innovation of Fallout 76. Bethesda says there will be quests, and players may elect to spend most of their time alone, but that encountering other human beings will entail interacting with their fellow players on a variety of persistent servers.
Fallout 76 definitely has all the eye candy and ambiance of a Fallout title, especially the power armor and structures. Players will be able to craft structures using a new C.A.M.P. system which will save said structures as blueprints, allowing players to travel from server to server seamlessly. Character progress will also be account bound and stored on a centralized Bethesda server, meaning you can play as the same persona on whatever server you wish.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: Nov 14, 2018
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Bethesda
- Publisher: Bethesda
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
- System Requirements not yet known.
- Description: War may never change, but Bethesda can, and does, with their latest offering in the Fallout franchise.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legacy of Discord Reveals Gamescom In-Game Event
- Legacy of Discord: Furious Wings is celebrating Gamescom 2018 with a new set of wings, titles, and an event this month.
- Fractured Space Early Access Review
- Fractured Space is a Steam Early Access team-based space game. You will take control of massive ships in space and do battle 5v5.
- Wargaming Announces North American Tournament
- In honor of Veteran's Day, Wargaming America has announced various events focused on Veteran's Day and the charitable activities it&...