Elder Scrolls Online
The Elder Scrolls Online is a buy-to-play fantasy MMORPG from Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks based on the popular Elder Scrolls series. The game takes place during the Age of Heroes, 1,000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and features classic regions of the Tamriel game world, including Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Skyrim.
In the game players can become one of ten classic races from the Elder Scrolls series including Nords, Redguards, Bretons, Imperials, Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, Orsimer, Khajiiti, and Argonians. You can then choose one of five classes with different attacks, spells, and passive skills as well as the additional choice to become either a werewolf or vampire, each of which have their own skill trees. The game’s open-ended skill system allows for further customization that hearkens back to other Elder Scrolls games and allows for fun combinations between classes and weapons.
The player’s race determines what end of the faction war for the Imperial Throne they will be on: the Daggerfall Covenant, Ebonheart Pact, or Aldmeri Dominion. However, players that choose to be an Imperial are considered rogue to the Empire and are unbound to a faction, leaving them to choose which faction they want to join that could potentially replace the Empire.
The Elder Scrolls Online offers solo and group questing, public dungeons, guilds, and massive PvP warfare that sets the game’s three player factions against one another for control over the region of Cyrodiil and the throne of Tamriel. Large-scale PvP conflicts concern more than just simple skirmishes with players of the opposing factions. Players must also collect resources, assist citizens, and capture objectives to truly help their faction take over.
With the fate of the world in the balance and the potential to acquire supreme power in Tamriel there isn’t a moment to lose. Decide your destiny in The Elder Scrolls Online!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 04, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Bethsoft
- Publisher: Zenimax Online
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Elder Scrolls setting and lore.
- +Action combat system.
- +Subscription no longer required.
- -Class system needs work.
- -Console versions not synced with PC.
- Recommended PC System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
- CPU: Quad Core 2.3GHz or equivalent processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Direct X 11 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 560 Ti / ATI Radeon™ 6950 or better)
- HDD: 60 GB
Recommended Mac System Requirements:
- OS: Mac® OS X 10.7.0 or later
- CPU: Intel® i5
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 5770 or better
- HDD: 60 GB
- Description: The Elder Scrolls Online is a fantasy MMORPG from Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks based on the popular Elder Scrolls series. The game takes place during the Age of Heroes, 1,000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Articles You May Enjoy
- Corsair Announces Cherry MX RGB Gaming Keyboards and More
- Corsair will be showcasing new products this year at Computex 2014, running from June 3 through June 5.
- Broforce: User-Generated Island Discovered
- In a shocking development from the world of Broforce, a mysterious new User-Generated Island has been discovered just off the coast of the Bro...
- LoA Fire Raiders: Emblem & Guild Treasure Update Available
- LoA Fire Raiders: Emblem & Guild Treasure Update Available - New guild instances, heroes and more