Defiance is a free-to-play open-world third-person shooter developed by Trion Worlds for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 4 that blends the world of the SyFy show with a virtual world. It was originally a buy-to-play game, but went free-to-play on on June 4, 2014.
Defiance is set in a post-apocalyptic San Francisco several decades after a war ravaged the world and left much of it destroyed. Players can become one of the Ark Hunters, scavenging the world for treasures and better gear while fighting off all sorts of deadly monsters. The game world is persistent in nature, meaning players will be able to run into each other while they are out exploring the world, completing quests, and fighting off creatures. What’s even more exciting is that if you’re a fan of the SyFy series Defiance you can watch as the game world evolves to reflect how the television series is developing.
One of the main events players will want to participate in to get better gear are Ark Falls. Arks can fall to Earth and upon arriving will have some of the deadliest creatures around them. Players will need to work together if they want to defeat the monsters, complete the event, and acquire some great loot for their efforts.
A player’s character can come from one of four different origins which changes their starter costume and weapon, which can both be changed with new gear no matter your race once you have completed the game’s tutorial. Each origin can be paired with one of the three available races: Human, Irathient, or Castithan (if you have the appropriate DLC).
Participate in dynamic missions, co-op battles, and wide exploration with a story that expands along with the Syfy series in Defiance! See just how long you can survive the harsh new world while making friends and enemies in the process.
Veteran – Soldiers that survived The Pale Wars, a conflict of massive proportions between humans and aliens.
Machinist – Scavengers that hunt for alien technology to resell.
Outlaw – Criminals who have taken to destruction and mayhem to achieve their fortunes.
Survivalist – Humans or aliens just trying to get by in the newly formed world.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 02, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Trion Worlds
- Publisher: Trion Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox 360, PS3
- +Built on the SyFy TV series.
- -DLC reliant.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz CPU or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: 1024MB video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or ATI Radeon HD 4750 or better)
- HDD: 15 GB
- Description: Defiance is an open-world third-person shooter blending the world of the SyFy show with a virtual world. Equip yourself with a variety of weapons, armor, and specialized skills to adapt yourself uniquely to the world around you.
Articles You May Enjoy
- THE DAY Online Second Beta Begins
- Reloaded Studios has announced that its battle arena game THE DAY Online will begin its second open beta on April 21, 2018.
- GRAV Gets Reborn With a Massive Update
- The Reborn update is the largest since its Early Access release in January, and includes many community-suggested changes and additions.