Create your own dream landscape in Landmark, the foundation sandbox that will help build EverQuest Next.
Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Type: Sandbox MMO
EXP Rate: N/A
Pros: +Beautiful 3D world. +Incredible amount of detail available for creating. +Some creations may find their ways permanently into EverQuest Next.
Cons: -Beta testing requires founder’s pack purchase, otherwise limited to 7 days. -All resources sold in cash shop. -Publisher takes a cut of player creation sales in the Marketplace. -Lots of resources required to craft anything.
Landmark is a sandbox, voxel-based MMO that’s completely open-world. Players can freely explore, build, create, and destroy in a wide environment where players can stake claim to the land, manage properties, build gear, and more. Landmark also serves as the platform base for the upcoming EverQuest Next.
Landmark Featured Video
Landmark Steam Trailer
Landmark System Requirements
- 2015 MMO Predictions – The Rise of Buy to Play Sandboxes - Posted on January 15, 2015
2014 was, for me, the year of failed games and lost hope. Maybe 2015 will prove to be the year of great buy-to-play sandbox MMOs. My predictions are: ESO will continue to lose its player-base until it's forced to reconsider its payment model and will hopefully switch to the Buy-to-Play model.
- Landmark Winter Update Review - Posted on January 6, 2015
Beginning with combat... well, there's combat now. There wasn't before. There were no weapons, no armor, and nothing to fight. That's all changed. Monsters exist now. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, some immediately recognizable as fantasy mainstays and others a bit more esoteric.
- Landmark Introduces Monsters, Caves and More - Posted on December 29, 2014
Landmark's last major update for the year introduced PvE with new monsters, a new cave exploration system, graveyards, salvaging, and more.
- SOE Announces Halloween Events & More - Posted on October 17, 2014
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is kicking off its annual Halloween seasonal events and promotions for players across its games portfolio, including DC Universe™ Online, Dragon's Prophet, EverQuest®, EverQuest®II, Landmark™, and PlanetSide®2.
- Landmark: Three New Pax Prime Teaser Trailers - Posted on August 28, 2014
Today SOE released three new teaser trailers to tickle your fancy for Landmark at PAX Prime 2014.
Similar games we recommend
- EverQuest Next - Join Sony Online Entertainment as it reimagines EverQuest with content being controlled by the players, and built from scratch with a new generation of MMOs in mind.