DC Universe Online and Planetside 2 Heading to Playstation 4
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that DC Universe™ Online and PlanetSide®2 will be heading to the much-anticipated PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system. Future PS4 gamers can look forward to experiencing the epic battles of the massively multiplayer online (MMO) first person shooter (FPS) PlanetSide 2, along with the super-powered world of DC Universe Online (DCUO), as SOE continues to bring its ‘Free to Play. Your Way.’ philosophy to new audiences.
“Since the launch of the original EverQuest, we have pioneered major shifts in the development of MMOs and videogames as a whole, and now we’re bringing our titles to the forefront of next-gen gaming,” said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. “Players are evolving and want a variety of ways to access and play games. Our goal is to deliver epic gaming experiences that players crave while harnessing the awesome power and technology of this incredible new platform. We are thrilled to bring two of our most popular free-to-play games to PS4.”
“DCUO was the first MMO available for PlayStation 3, and its thriving community is proof that we can create an exciting and robust console experience for players,” said Laura Naviaux, Senior Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. “Players have been asking for PlanetSide 2 to be playable on consoles, and PS4 is the ideal platform to showcase the game’s beauty, depth and frenetic open world combat.”
DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 will be available for PS4 as free-to-play titles with optional in-game purchases via digital download later this year.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fallen Earth Brings 3rd Anniversary GORE
- Reloaded Productions and GamersFirst are celebrating Fallen Earth's third anniversary with Update 2.5.
- Mega Update to Game Features for Guild Wars 2
- ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today announced its biggest discount ever for Guild Wars 2® and revealed details a...
- WildStar: New Strain Housing Decor Items Revealed
- Carbine Studios has been rolling out additional details about WildStar’s first “Ultra Drop” – The Strain, continuing today with the an...