Heroes of the Storm (previously Blizzard DOTA and Blizzard All-Stars) is a MOBA/ Hero Brawler in which the worlds of Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft collide in a battle for dominance. Each hero has its own unique play style and set of skills, which players can choose from (even their ultimates) to adapt to each battlefield. Meanwhile, each map has its own unique objectives and challenges. Blizzard has also made attempts to eliminate many of the MOBA barriers or challenges, including last-hits, to offer a definitive twist to the genre.
Blizard Heroes in a new light –
Heroes represents more than 20 years of Blizzard gaming history, settings, and iconic characters, all mashed up into an epic, off-the-wall team brawler. Fight out classic showdowns such as Tyrael vs. Diablo and Arthas vs. Uther, or settle those late-night debates you’ve had about who’s the stronger leader—Raynor or Thrall? Could Zeratul take down Illidan in a fight? Who’s more badass . . . Kerrigan or the Demon Hunter from Diablo III? The combinations of Blizzard heroes and universes are endless.
Your Hero, Your Way –
Heroes of the Storm offers plenty of ways to customize how your hero fights and looks. You’ll choose from an array of unique masteries, heroic abilities, and combat styles that can fundamentally change the way each hero does battle. Skins round out the appearance of your hero, while mounts get you around the battleground in speed and in style. Is that Raynor riding a rainbow pony?
A fresh take on the team brawler –
Heroes of the Storm concentrates the intense battles and back-and-forth gameplay of online brawlers into fun, quick, action-packed matches. Though you can knock out a few games pretty rapidly, you may find yourself constantly wanting to jump into “just one more” game.
There’s no “I” in Team –
Heroes features approachable team-based play without sacrificing depth or variety. Whether it’s joining with allies in a group fight, or working together to overcome each battleground’s unique challenges, you’re rewarded for playing as a team. And the hero roles run the gamut from stone-cold death-dealers, to town-razing specialists, to pure healers—each capable of making distinct, valuable contributions to their team’s war effort. The game even includes some very specialized heroes, like Abathur, who offsets his lack of head-to-head impact with special abilities that affect the entire battleground.
Battlegrounds that shape gameplay –
Heroes of the Storm has a number of unique battlegrounds, each of which is characterized by a core, legendary event that shapes the strategy for the entire match. One battleground features a ghostly pirate ship, whose captain will accept payment of gold doubloons in order to train his ship’s cannons on enemy positions. Another battleground includes an underground level, where bones must be collected to summon a fearsome golem to attack your enemies aboveground.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 02, 2015
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
Editor's Score: 4/5
- + Familiar cast of heroes
- + High production quality
- + Maps with differing objectives
- - Hard to access the alpha/beta
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, OS X 10.10.x
- CPU: Intel Core i5, AMD FX Series, or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, AMD Radeon HD 7790 or better
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Crafting Comes to Nosgoth
- This week, Nosgoth has introduced the Forge, its new crafting system.
- Rumble Fighter Review
- Rumble Fighter is a unique 3D 'fighting' MMO by OG Planet. Rumble Fighter plays a lot like 'Super Smash Brothers.'
- Combat Arms (EU): New clan tourney this month
- New clan tourney this month - Every clan will be automatically entered into the tournament