Elite: Dangerous is an expansive science fiction sandbox based on the Elite game franchise. Take the center stage as you take the role of trader, pirate, bounty hunter, team player, leader, assassin, schemer, or more. Though you may start with only a few credits and a ship to call home, you can do whatever you want – or whatever it takes – to become elite.
Fight, trade, and hunt in a galaxy filled with billions of star systems. Make money through trading goods, bounty hunting, or raiding others for cargo. Explore, go on missions, upgrade your ship, and explore endless possibilities.
Having been unable to agree to a funding deal with a publisher for many years, the developer began its Kickstarter campaign in November 2012. Unfinished versions of the game have been playable by backers since December 2013, and the game was released for Windows on 16 December 2014.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 16, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Frontier Developments
- Publisher: Frontier Developments
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Beautiful and immense sense of scale.
- +Combat feels amazing, and ships are fun to fly.
- +The best Oculus Rift experience so far.
- -Boring and canned narrative.
- -Faction and influence systems seem broken.
- -Although lots of people are playing, it's very rare to encounter another player.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Quad-core 2.5GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti or better.
- HDD: 5GB
- Additional Information:
- · Oculus Rift Support
- · Full Joystick Support
- · Full Controller Support
Articles You May Enjoy
- Journey to the West International Impressions
- Journey to the West has a few things going for it – an interesting and lore-rich setting, a good dungeon system, and some interesting mounts.
- Battle Command Review
- Battle Commands takes on the strategic approach where you build up structures and units that provide either defense, offense, and/or resources
- Creativerse Early Access Impressions
- I can’t imagine why any sane developer would decide to create a new sandbox voxel game.