*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Defiance is an open-world third-person shooter blending the world of the SyFy show with a virtual world. Equip yourself with a variety of weapons, armor, and specialized skills to adapt yourself uniquely to the world around you. Participate in dynamic missions, co-op battles, and wide exploration with a story that expands along with the Syfy series.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 02, 2013
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Trion Worlds
- Publisher: Trion Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- +Built on the SyFy TV series.
- -DLC reliant.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz CPU or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: 1024MB video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or ATI Radeon HD 4750 or better)
- HDD: 15 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- The First MMORPG - The Early History of the Genre
- Meridian59 was released in late 1996 and Ultima Online was released in 1997, but these weren't the first two online games.
- Star Trek Online Review
- Previously a subscriber-only game, STO’s now free model is almost equal in quality for paying and free members.
- Trove Open Beta Review
- The game is voxel-based, fully destructible, and has a similar, but brighter and more fluid, graphic style to Minecraft.