Urban Rivals is a trading card game, or TCG, that is played right on your web browser. Both the site and card designs use a unique art style that gives the whole experience an original feel. New players are given 8 cards at random which is the minimum amount required for a deck. Game mechanics are simple and easy to pick up which makes Urban Rivals a much more casual TCG than Magic the Gathering Online. At the start of each match, both players are randomly given 4 cards from their decks and chose which of these cards will participate in each of the match’s four rounds. Players (and individual cards) gain experience after each match. Cards gain new abilities and increase in power as they rank up while players gain access to higher level channels and earn ‘clintz’ with which to purchase new cards. During account registration, players are asked what type of deck they would like to start with:
Action – Fight mean and strong. Emphasis on brute power and damage.
Danger – Unnerve your opponents with dirty tricks. Emphasis on sneaky abilities.
Cool – Keep control and protect your life points. Emphasis on ‘control’ cards that disable opponent’s abilities.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 17, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Boostr
- Publisher: Boostr
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Strategy, Casual
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Fast paced card game.
- +Video and comic book style instructions.
- +Individual cards gain ranks.
- +Stylish site and card artwork.
- -Booster packs cost real cash.
- -Simplistic, repetitive gameplay.
- -Large proportion of non English players.
- Updated Browser Required.
- Description: Urban Rivals is a 2D browser based trading card game platform. With fast paced (typically 5 minute) matches, hundreds of unique cards to collect, and stylish artwork Urban Rivals makes a great casual gaming site.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2: Free Trial Weekend and Heroic Edition
- ArenaNet, developer of the smash hit Guild Wars 2, commemorates a record-breaking first year with a free trial of its critically acclaimed gam...
- Camelot Unchained Showcases TDD Winter Camouflage
- The latest update from CityState Entertainment's upcoming realm v realm sandbox MMORPG, Camelot Unchained, today brought the news that th...
- Runescape Showcases New Member Starting Zone
- Jagex has put together information on their new player starting area, the Troll Warzone.