Battlefield 1 is a buy to play 3D shooter being developed by EA DICE for PS4, Xbox One, and Origin on PC. It has been inspired by the historical events of World War I and as such will be set in the World War I time period.
This installation of the Battlefield franchise is intended to have even more expansive, open environments that will give players a variety of ways to approach combat and complete missions. Several different characters will be able to be controlled throughout the campaign and a variety of iconic World War I weapons like mustard gas, flamethrowers, artillery, semi-automatic rifles, automatic rifles, bolt-action rifles and more can be used to take down your enemies.
Battlefield 1 will also allow players to take control of different types of vehicles. Different types of tanks, armored trucks, battleships, aircraft, and even horses can be brought into battle to give you any kind of advantage you think you might need.
Melee combat has been reworked in Battlefield 1 and will include both heavy and light variations of melee weapons. Trench clubs, sabres, and even your trusty shovel will come in handy when fighting your opponents in close-quarters combat.
Online play in Battlefield 1 has changed ever so slightly as well. The maximum number of players that a multiplayer match can support has been increased to a total of 64 and players can now utilize a squad system with their friends. The squad system will allow groups of players to join up, enter, and leave servers as a single unit, putting even more stress on finding other players to join up with. Online multiplayer will be much harder to play in as a solo player with the implementation of the squad system.
Battlefield 1 looks to expand upon the features of previous installations in the franchise and will bring players to the forefront of World War I in exciting locations like the Alps, Arabia, and the Western Front. Only the most battle-hardened players will be able to survive in the action-packed environment Battlefield I offers.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 21, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: EA DICE
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10 or later
- CPU: AMD FX 8350 Wraith, Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
- RAM: 16 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB, NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
- HDD: 50 GB
- Description: Battlefield 1 is a buy to play 3D shooter being developed by EA DICE for PS4, Xbox One, and Origin on PC. It has been inspired by the historical events of World War I and as such will be set in the World War I time period.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dying Light: Free Content Updates Coming Soon
- As a part of its long-term support program for Dying Light, Techland today revealed the first details about upcoming new content for the game....
- Neverwinter: Dragonslayer Coming June 14
- Dragonslayer, the 23rd module for Neverwinter, will launch on PC (Arc Games, Epic Games Store and Steam), Xbox and PlayStation on June 14.
- Dragon Nest Resurrection Update Now Live
- The Resurrection update in Nexon’s fast-paced 3D action-RPG Dragon Nest is now live!