Northgard is a 3D 4X real-time strategy game developed by Shiro Games for PC with an expected release date of sometime in 2016 where you will get the chance to explore an exciting new land called Northgard with your Viking people. Vikings have been tirelessly exploring the world for a new land to settle, and Northgard is just that. However, with all of the mystery, danger, and riches that a Viking could ask for it will be no easy feat conquering this foreign land. Only the bravest and most daring Northmen have traveled to Northgard’s shores to bring fame to their Clan and write their own history, but they will only be able to do so by surviving harsh winters, slaying undead warriors, and encountering fierce giants!
To survive you’ll have to manage all of your Vikings and assign them various jobs that will benefit your settlements. They’ll need to become Farmers, Warriors, Sailors, Loremasters and more to make sure that your people have everything and anything they could possibly need. The resources that they collect will need to be managed carefully if you wish to survive the harsh winters coming your way.
Land in Northgard won’t merely be boring and flat, serving no real purpose other than giving you a bridge to the next location. Instead, as you explore and discover new areas you’ll need to decide whether or not you want to pursue holding them for their strategic advantages that will help you become victorious. Achieving victory isn’t all that simple either. There are a variety of conditions that can be met that will declare you the victor like: Conquest, Fame, Lore, and Trading.
You won’t truly know if you’re ready to take over Northgard until you actually give it a try, so get out there lead your Vikings to greatness!
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Shiro Games
- Publisher: Shiro Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Steam
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista or later
- CPU: Intel 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo or equivalent
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: Nvidia 260 GTS / Radeon HD 4850 or better
- HDD: 150 MB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 @ PAX Prime 2015: Raids, Release Date, and F2P!
- ArenaNet hit PAX Prime this year hard with three major announcements for Guild Wars 2 - culminating in the reveal of the base game going F2P!
- Trials of Ascension Prepares For Kickstarter Campaign
- Forged Chaos has announced that on February 19th at 3pm EST, it will launch a new Kickstarter page for Trials of Ascension.
- Robocraft supports MegaBots' Kickstarter campaign
- In support of this project, Robocraft have created a battle-ready, virtual robot of the MegaBots MK.II in their game.