Originally based on the Warcraft 3 custom map Defense of the Ancients, Heroes of Newerth has its ties divided between its map predecessor, and S2 Games’ previous series of games called Savage who’s universe Heroes of Newerth is set in. Extremely competitive and community oriented, Heroes of Newerth provides a refined and polished experience destined to keep players entertained for many a sleepless nights. With a great diversity of characters spread over two factions (Legion & Hellbourne) and three categories (Strength, Agility & Intelligence), many of which require different play styles and skill sets, this is a game that ultimately rewards a player’s mastery over his character, and his capacity to use this character in conjunction with his team mates’. If you enjoy a bit of challenge, you should not miss this one.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 12, 2010
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: S2 Games
- Publisher: S2 Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Thrilling team-oriented, skill-based gameplay.
- +Many heroes to choose from.
- +In-game guides and tutorials.
- -Competitive style not for everyone.
- –Limited selection of maps.
- –Temperamental players can, and do ruin games.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- CPU: 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or better
- RAM: 1.5 GB or more
- GPU: 256MB Geforce 7800+ / Radeon X1900+ or better
- HDD: 2 GB Free or more
Articles You May Enjoy
- Zombies Monsters Robots Presents a Game of Drones
- The update’s defining feature, the drone system, allows players to unlock mechanical companions that fight alongside them in co-op modes.
- Games of Glory Releases Spectating Client
- The first iteration of the new Spectating client, Spectator mode, lifts the fog of war allowing full visibility over both teams.
- Sword of Phantasia Mobile Review
- Sword of Phantasia, has taken the cutesy mobile gaming route that is reminiscent of another mobile title, Final Fantasy: Airborne Brigade.