*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Flyff is one of the most popular free-to-play MMORPGs available. Flyff has a great animated graphical style that’s easy on the eyes, but is beginning to show its age. Like many other Asian MMORPGs, players in Flyff start out as a beginner class and must choose a job (class) once they’ve reached a higher level – in this case, level fifteen. The experience rate during the early levels is fast-paced, but begins to slow down during the late 20’s and early 30’s. Each class has a different skill set and two different second job choices at level sixty. Listed below are the four initial classes and their second job options:
Acrobat – Acrobats are the ranged specialists of Flyff. The Acrobat can specialize in the use of either yo-yos (Jester) or the bow (Ranger.)
Assist – As the name suggests, Assists support other players with buffs, but also have powerful area of effect (AoE) spells. Assists can specialize into Bill Poster, a hybrid class that uses melee knuckle weapons, or Ringmasters, who possess the most powerful buffs.
Magician – Magicians are the spell casters of Flyff. They have very low HP, but deal heavy damage. Magicians can specialize into Elementalists or Psykeepers.
Mercenary – Mercenaries are the main melee class of Flyff. The Mercenary can specialize into a defensive Knight who uses a sword and shield, or into an offensive Blade who wields a weapon in each hand.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 25, 2005
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Aeonsoft
- Publisher: Webzen
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Great Equipment system; magical, unique and set pieces.
- +Large game world.
- -Grind-based gameplay.
- -Weak quest system.
- -Limited character customization.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- CPU: Pentium-IV 1.2gHz
- RAM: 1GB
- GPU: 256 MB
- HDD: 4GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- The First MMORPG - The Early History of the Genre
- Meridian59 was released in late 1996 and Ultima Online was released in 1997, but these weren't the first two online games.
- Dying Light: Emergency Broadcast from Global Relief Effort
- Dying Light: Emergency Broadcast from Global Relief Effort - Strange effects happening on April 1st
- MMORPGs in China
- Even though free to play MMOs are getting more and more popular in North America and Europe, they're still nothing compared to China.