Battlefield 1 is a buy to play 3D shooter being developed by EA DICE for PS4, Xbox One, and Origin on PC. It has been inspired by the historical events of World War I and as such will be set in the World War I time period.
This installation of the Battlefield franchise is intended to have even more expansive, open environments that will give players a variety of ways to approach combat and complete missions. Several different characters will be able to be controlled throughout the campaign and a variety of iconic World War I weapons like mustard gas, flamethrowers, artillery, semi-automatic rifles, automatic rifles, bolt-action rifles and more can be used to take down your enemies.
Battlefield 1 will also allow players to take control of different types of vehicles. Different types of tanks, armored trucks, battleships, aircraft, and even horses can be brought into battle to give you any kind of advantage you think you might need.
Melee combat has been reworked in Battlefield 1 and will include both heavy and light variations of melee weapons. Trench clubs, sabres, and even your trusty shovel will come in handy when fighting your opponents in close-quarters combat.
Online play in Battlefield 1 has changed ever so slightly as well. The maximum number of players that a multiplayer match can support has been increased to a total of 64 and players can now utilize a squad system with their friends. The squad system will allow groups of players to join up, enter, and leave servers as a single unit, putting even more stress on finding other players to join up with. Online multiplayer will be much harder to play in as a solo player with the implementation of the squad system.
Battlefield 1 looks to expand upon the features of previous installations in the franchise and will bring players to the forefront of World War I in exciting locations like the Alps, Arabia, and the Western Front. Only the most battle-hardened players will be able to survive in the action-packed environment Battlefield I offers.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: Oct 21, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: EA DICE
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4
- System Requirements not yet known.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strife: Patch 0.4.2 Now Live
- S2 Games has released a new update for their casual MOBA title Strife. In this update, three new heroes are available and free to play for a l...
- Top 5 Most Popular MMORPGs / MMOs In Korea
- Most of the free to play MMORPGs and MMO Games listed here originated in either South Korea or China, most of them coming from South Korea.
- Free to Play in Plans for Asheron’s Call
- Turbine announces final plans for Asheron's Call, which includes one last major update, free to play transitions, and player servers.