InnoGames Video Showcases Kartuga Kingdoms
InnoGames just released new information about the pirate action game, Kartuga, as the closed beta nears; the distinct worlds of the game, Ithosia, Kartu and the Empire of the Sun, all differ visually. While Ithosia is reminiscent of the Mediterranean, Kartu plays with Mayan influences, and The Empire is inspired by the Orient. InnoGames also released a video featuring these various locals, shown below.
The kingdoms are not historical replicas – fantasy elements and nautical legends are woven into each area to make them truly unique. InnoGames made a conscious decision to steer clear of typical pirate stereotypes when designing the backdrops. “We want to show that the wonderful world of pirates can be more diverse than what is out there now. Players can expect a lot of visual variety from Kartuga,” says Game Designer Philipp Arlt. The kingdoms are further divided into several sectors – where either PVP missions are played or PVE quests are available. Kartuga is starting out with nine sectors to be explored.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Jagex Community Digs Deep for SpecialEffect
- Jagex Games Studio, custodians of the long-running fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, is pleased to announce that £50,000 was raised during the recen...
- Shards Online Dev Interview - The Modded MMO Revolution
- In the past two years, as the monumental success and popularity of sandbox titles like Minecraft began to shake up the preconceived notions of...
- Elsword Releases Yama Raja Class Update for Ara Haan
- Today Kill3rCombo unleashes the second demonic class of Ara Haan, Yama Raja, into the North American servers of Elsword.