*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
StarCraft II is a science-fiction real-time-strategy game, building on the success of the original StarCraft. Players choose one of three races in deep space and do battle across planets in real-time, managing resources and armies simultaneously. Unlike the original StarCraft, StarCraft II is released in three parts, each containing only one race’s single-player campaign; however the game’s multiplayer has been fully unlocked from the start.
Each campaign requires a game purchase to fully play; however, StarCraft II also offers the “Starter Edition,” a free to play option which grants limited single player missions and Terran-only multiplayer.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 27, 2010
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- +Wonderful graphics.
- +Solid single player story missions.
- +Extremely balanced multiplayer.
- +Stat Tracking.
- -Extreme learning curve.
- -Graphically intensive for an RTS.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / 7 / 8, OSX 10.8 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ or better
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, AMD Radeon HD 4850 or better
- HDD: 20GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Windward Sets Sail for Windows, Mac, Linux on May 12th
- Gamers who want to earn their sea legs can dive into Tasharen Entertainment's Windward on May 12th, 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- League of Angels CB Preview
- League of Angels is a new turn-based fantasy MMO that is fully playable in your browser.
- World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor Review
- There have been a ton of mixed reactions to the Warlords of Draenor; I watched someone have an 1100 hour wait just to log into the game.