StarCraft II is a science-fiction real-time-strategy game, building on the success of the original StarCraft. Players choose one of three races in deep space and do battle across planets in real-time, managing resources and armies simultaneously. Unlike the original StarCraft, StarCraft II is released in three parts, each containing only one race’s single-player campaign; however the game’s multiplayer has been fully unlocked from the start.
Each campaign requires a game purchase to fully play; however, StarCraft II also offers the “Starter Edition,” a free to play option which grants limited single player missions and Terran-only multiplayer.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 27, 2010
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- +Wonderful graphics.
- +Solid single player story missions.
- +Extremely balanced multiplayer.
- +Stat Tracking.
- -Extreme learning curve.
- -Graphically intensive for an RTS.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / 7 / 8, OSX 10.8 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ or better
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, AMD Radeon HD 4850 or better
- HDD: 20GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Broforce: New Alien Infestation Update Available
- Fight to defend civilization as aliens encroach upon all that free people hold dear in Broforce's latest and largest update yet. Aliens, ...
- Dragon's Prophet Frontier Battlegrounds Revealed
- This week I had the chance to sit in on a private demo of one of the first Frontier Battleground matches in the world of Dragon's Prophet...
- City of Steam Patch Includes New Class, Returned Races
- City of Steam, the browser-based MMORPG from Mechanist Games, will be receiving an update to version 1.3 next week, which will further build u...