Warframe Discusses Melee Phase 1 Update
Digital Extremes announced recently that they will be rolling out a series of changes to how Warframe handles melee combat. This will be done in phases, and in a recent forum post, they go over the details of what ‘Phase 1’ will hold. One of the bigger changes will be Uninterrupted Combat, with the firearm to equipped melee weapon states being instant. Now players won’t have to stand around and wait for their weapon to swap so they can resume fighting, and this includes combos, blocking and more. This also includes Combo Interruption/Resuming, where, within a certain timeframe, when resuming a combo (whether it was interrupted due to gunfire, dodging, bullet jumping, et cetera), the combo will pick up where it left off. Phase 1’s Combo Interrupt is just a prototype, so they will keep their audience posted on what is in the works for this.
Another important feature being looked at it in Phase 1 are Ground Slams. Aerial momentum and jump mechanics have always been key to Warframe. Ground Slams instantly interrupt momentum, direction and cancel these to slam you right down to where you are. The goal is to make them aimed, so you have more control over where you’ll slam down at. Now you will be able to leap forward, and readjust, to slam down onto a different target. A link to the blog post is below, and it contains thoughts on Keybindings, new FX, and the reasons behind these changes. Also below is a recent Warfarme livestream from Jason, which shows off another recent update, Hildryn.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Total War Battles: Kingdom Open Beta for PC Available Now
- Total War Battles: KINGDOM, a challenging new free-to-play, persistent-world strategy game hits Open Beta for PC today.
- KurtzPel Launches Global Closed Beta on Steam
- KOG Games' latest MMORPG begins a limited-time Closed Beta today, and it will run until February 24th.
- Skara: The Blade Remains Reaches Kickstarter Funding Goal
- Today, Skara: The Blade Remains has reached their funding goal of $35,000, with only a day left on their Kickstarter.