War Thunder Implements Dagor 5.0 Engine
The latest update to War Thunder, 1.77 (Advancing Storm) comes with a host of updates, but in particular, the Dagor 5.0 Engine. It offers considerably enhanced graphics and sound, from technology like “Global Illumination (GI)” and Contact Shadows. With photorealistic weather effects, volumetric fog and smoke, War Thunder is more life-like than ever before. Also added is a new Temporal Anti-Aliasing (Variance Clipping TAA), which is an anti-aliasing algorithm that greatly reduces visible “noise” on distant vegetation, adds more details to surfaces, and smoothes the appearance of objects.
The creation of landscapes was improved, also with the addition of visible reliefs via displacement mapping, resulting in much more visually diverse environments. Roads, for example, now have potholes, ruts and may show puddles of slush, water or mud – with the latter depending on the current weather and type of terrain. These landscape changes are visible to players on all graphics settings. Sound effects have seen a complete redesign, and experienced tankers can now determine the caliber of the cannon that fired shots at them, even from a distance. If that were not enough, several next-generation main battle tanks of the 1970s and 1980s now reinforce the arsenal of War Thunder on Rank VI: the U.S. M1 Abrams, British Challenger 1, German Leopard 2K, Soviet T-64B and French AMX-30B2 Brenus. All of them boast powerful weapons, armor, high speed, and mobility. Noteworthy here is the special cannon of the T-64B that allows it to fire ‘Cobra’ guided anti-tank missiles and the AMX-30B2 Brenus’ powerful reactive armor. Some of the vehicles introduced with Update 1.77 are still in service today.
German pilots can look forward to the heavy Heinkel He 177 A-5 Greif bomber, which was created by a War Thunder player under the Revenue Share Partner Program.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fractured Space Offered Free on Steam This Weekend
- This week’s Fractured Space update delivers performance and gameplay enhancements and resets the game’s Tech Tree to its final version.
- AVerMedia Releases Live Gamer MINI Capture Card
- AVerMedia released a new capture card aimed at aspiring content creators that is easy to use and affordable - the Live Gamer MINI.
- Skyforge is Coming to Xbox One
- Allods Team has officially announced that there are plans in place to spread Skyforge to the Xbox One!