Torchlight Frontiers Announced by Perfect World Entertainment
Today, Perfect World Entertainment announced that their newest development studio, Echtra Games is working on the next iteration of the Torchlight Series. Set in the same universe as Torchlight I and II, Torchlight Frontiers is bringing shared-world ARPG content back to life with many of the franchise’s signature mechanics and features. The team is led by former Runic Games/Blizzard North co-founder, Max Schaefer and the team itself is comprised of members who helped shape the ARPG genre as it is today. Torchlight Frontiers will be available on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Torchlight Frontiers will be at Gamescom and Pax West, where show attendees can play an early demo and meet the Echtra Games developers at the Perfect World Entertainment booths (Gamescom: Hall 8, Booth #B41 – Aug 21-25) (Pax West: Boooth #1115 – August 31 – September 3). More info can be found at their website below.
“Perfect World Entertainment has had a strong working relationship with Max Schaefer, dating back to the original Torchlight game, and we believe in his vision to evolve the Torchlight series,” said Yoon Im, senior vice president of publishing at Perfect World Entertainment. “Max has put together an all-star team of developers, and we continue to be amazed by the sheer level of talent and wealth of experience that they bring to Torchlight Frontiers. We’re proud to have Echtra Games as a part of the company.”
“Evolving the Torchlight universe into a shared world has always been a goal for the franchise, and I’m excited that we’re finally able to make it a reality,” said Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games. “Torchlight Frontiers will be a living, breathing universe that will still feel uniquely Torchlight, while we add our own creative spin to the game. The team is building something truly special, and we can’t wait for fans to play it for the first time at Gamescom and PAX West.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile's 'ExileCon' Announced by Grinding Gear Games
- Grinding Gear Games announced today their first convention, dedicated to Path of Exile will be coming this November.
- Neverwinter's 'Lost City of Omu' Module Comes to Console in April
- The secrets of Chult's Trickster Gods hold the key to defeating Acererak's death curse in Neverwinter: Lost City of Omu.
- Mythos offers infographic insights
- Mythos Global has published an infographic today, demonstrating some milestones and statistics since the game launched open beta on February 2...