Star Trek Online Enters the ‘Age of Discovery’ This Fall
For the very first time in Star Trek Online, Captains will experience an update that is in-line with a currently-airing series. Starting this fall, “Age of Discovery” will begin, a multi-part adventure based on Star Trek: Discovery. Captains will be joining forces with Starfleet Academy Cadet Sylvia Tilly, voiced by Mary Wiseman. Age of Discovery’s first installment will also introduce a new Discovery era tutorial, two episodes, new Reputation Tiers, a new queue (now referred to as a Task Force Operation) and several other new gameplay features. The first installment of Age of Discovery will introduce a brand-new starting experience, allowing players to make characters in the Federation from the Discovery era. That update will also include new Discovery episodes, available to all characters, a new Task Force Operation to defend Starbase 1, and an expansion to the game’s Reputation System to Tier 6, to unlock powerful new rewards.
Age of Discovery opens in the year 2256, just after the Battle at the Binary Stars. In the wake of a brutal war against the Klingons, Starfleet Captains now face J’Ula, matriarch of the House of Mo’Kai and sister of T’Kuvma, who seeks to alter the destiny of the Alpha Quadrant. Players must rely on the help of fellow Starfleet Academy Cadet Sylvia Tilly (voiced by Mary Wiseman), who has come home to assist with training and see them off on their first assignment.
Additional details – including the release date for Age of Discovery’s first installment on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 – will be announced later this year.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Xsyon Hosts Memorial Weekend Events
- This weekend, Xsyon will hold a fishing tournament on both the War and Peace servers. Poles and baskets will be supplied and participants will...
- Infinite Crisis: Gotham Divided Coming Soon
- Turbine announces Infinite Crisis will receive its first tri-lane map, Gotham Divided, on January 29.
- Starfall Tactics is Holding a Pre-Beta Test and PVP Tournament
- Starfall Tactics will be holding a pre-beta test as well as a PVP tournament with a livestream in the near future.