Star Trek Online: Awakening Hits PC Today, Consoles in October
Star Trek Online‘s latest update, Star Trek Online: Awakening hits PCs today, and will arrive on console in October. Players will warp to the year 2410 and team up with a Lt. Commander Paul Stamets (voiced by Anthony Rapp from Star Trek: Discovery) to stop the Klingons from destroying the Mycelial Network.
A new series of patrols will await, where players repair rifts in the fabric of space. A new Task Force Operation and Mycelial Event also await to earn a new T6 starship. A new ship bundle also drops in the Zen Store in the next few weeks, which will include the debut of U.S.S. Somerville, a special collaboration with the Star Trek Comics by IDW Publishing. A full list of features in this update can be found below.
Star Trek Online: Awakening Features:
- Brand New Featured Episode – Captains hailing from all of the game’s factions can participate in the new featured episode “Beneath the Skin.” Players will depend on a hologram of Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S Discovery to safely guide them through the Mycelial Network.
- Five New Patrols – Players can embark on a mission with Stamets and Star Trek Online luminaries like Lukari Captain Kuumaarke to close the rifts caused by the Klingons.
- New Task Force Operation – Up to five players can participate in this special ground TFO against the Elachi, which tasks them with shutting down probes that threaten to destroy the Mycelial Network.
- Mycelial Event – Captains who participate in this special event can earn the new T6 Elachi ship by playing through the new featured episode, patrols and TFO throughout the next month.
- New Event UI – The dev team has revamped the Event UI to make it easier for players to access new special events.
- Patrol Systems – A new tab has been added to the PvE system, which allows captains to immediately enter selected patrols and gain bonus rewards.
- New Starships – In just two weeks, players will be able to purchase the new Cross-Faction Intel Science Bundle, which includes the Klingon Balth and the U.S.S. Somerville, a starship first introduced in the Star Trek Comics from IDW Publishing.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- WildStar Details Casual Raid Initialization Core Y-83
- Carbine Studios' Devs continue to listen, and they've whipped up a new experimental WildStar raid for those looking for new end-game...
- Grepolis Hosts The Annual Grepolympia
- Today InnoGames started an event of Olympic proportions in the strategy browser game Grepolis.