Star Trek Online Announces Deep Space Nine-Themed Expansion
Perfect World and Cryptic Studios announced today that the fourth major expansion for Star Trek Online is on the way, and it pays homage to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Entitled ‘Victory is Life’, it will launch on PC in June, and at a later date for consoles. Players will continue to explore episodic content from Star Trek’s most popular series and films, and in Victory is Life, Captains will discover a new Jem’Hadar playable faction and six new episodes featuring several Deep Space Nine crew members, voiced by the original actors. This includes Quark (Armin Shimerman), Odo (René Auberjonois), Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor), Martok (J.G. Hertzler) and several other familiar faces.
“We couldn’t think of a better way of celebrating Deep Space Nine, than resurrecting the characters so many fans adored and reuniting this special cast in Star Trek Online,” said Stephen Ricossa, executive producer for Star Trek Online. “Our new expansion pays tribute to the television series that boldly explored important social issues and left a lasting impact on an entire generation of Star Trek fans.”
This will take Star Trek Online Captains to the Gamma Quadrant for the first time, where they discover what is left of Deep Space Nine. The legendary space station was severely damaged by the Hur’q, a new enemy who recently made their presence known to the Alliance in the game’s last featured episode, “Scylla and Charibdis.” Players must now team up with Deep Space Nine’s devoted crew members to find a way to protect the galaxy from another devastating attack.
For the first time ever, players will be able to experience Star Trek Online through the eyes of the Jem’Hadar, genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress. Victory is Life also introduces an increased level cap of 65, a new queue, added progression system and all-new Sector Battlezone, a new gameplay feature that takes players into a war between the stars to save the Gamma Quadrant. Additional features included with Victory is Life will be revealed at launch.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fantasy Earth Zero Celebrates Official Launch with Events!
- Fantasy Earth Zero officially launches today, May 18. The game is celebrating its launch with numerous in game events ranging from bonus XP to...
- Magic Elves: Super Evolution Mobile Review
- What do you get when you suddenly decide to rip-off Pokemon and recreate every creature in the franchise into a cute lolicon instead?
- Hyper Universe Coming to Steam Early Access Next Week
- Good news for the side-scrolling MOBA, Hyper Universe! It's coming to Steam's Early Access program beginning next week on Thursday, ...