Shroud of the Avatar – Interview with Richard “Lord British” Garriott
DizzyPW gets the opportunity to speak with Richard “Lord British” Garriott the creator of the Ultima series about his latest crowd funded sandbox MMO called Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues!
Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is a fantasy RPG that combines a single player narrative with a sandbox MMO created by a team that includes: Richard “Lord British” Garriott the creator of the Ultima series, Starr Long the Director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman the author of Dragonlance
Episodic Content: Five episodes of virtue based stories created by Richard Garriott and Tracy Hickman; supported by prequel novels starting with Blade of the Avatar.
Single Player Offline Mode: Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices during ethical paradoxes have consequences.
Selective Multiplayer Modes: You can also play with everyone in a single world with three different online modes (Single Player, Friends Only, and Open).
Classless Character System: Vast customization options with hundreds of skills and spells in over 20 different skill trees.
Player Driven Economy: Deep crafting system where the best items are made by players and player items are the main source of loot found in the game.
Skillful Combat: A new way to prepare and fight in an RPG by building custom decks of skills and dynamically activating them in combat.
PVP: Consensual with Open PVP flags, zones, and Guild Warfare.
Pay Once to Play: No subscription fees. Each episode (released approximately annually) is a one time fee and everything in the game can be purchased with in game gold that can be earned (except for some exclusive backer rewards).
Player Housing: Non instanced, finite, and embedded in the world with multiple group living options.
Social: Full Guild System, Highly Active Community and Player Owned Towns.
Crowd Sourced & Funded: Support the project by contributing content (and receive compensation) or by pledging (and receive exclusive rewards).
Open Development: Players help shape the game by giving feedback on monthly early access releases, videos, weekly updates, blog postings, forums, chat, etc.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Champions Online Becomes Long-Running Superhero MMO In Their Ninth Year
- As Champions Online reaches their ninth year, they have officially become the long-running Superhero MMORPG in gaming history.
- HEX: Shards of Fate tournament announced
- During the IEM Katowice (Intel Extreme Masters) in Poland at the end of last week, Gameforge and HEX Entertainment announced the first worldwi...
- Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages Review
- “Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages” is a throwback to earlier days, as well as a unique game in its own right. This is Triple-B-Studios’ ...