RuneScape: Idle Adventures – Dev Interview
Hyper Hippo, the fun-time developers of the wildly popular capitalism simulator AdVenture Capitalist, and Jagex Games Studio, creators and custodians of RuneScape, the multi-award winning fantasy online adventure RPG celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, today announced a partnership that will see the creation of RuneScape: Idle Adventures. This multi-platform game will deliver a miniature RPG experience unlike any other, one that enables players to enjoy a RuneScape-themed adventure in just a few moments each day – anywhere, anytime.
Now in development at Hyper Hippo’s 25-strong studio in British Columbia, Canada, RuneScape: Idle Adventures is due to arrive this spring on Steam with mobile editions to follow. RuneScape: Idle Adventures marks the first time Jagex has worked with an external development partner to produce a new RuneScape-themed title. In RuneScape: Idle Adventures players take on the role of a magnificent new RuneScape hero who sets out to nurture the world through noble efforts, including nothing less than fishing and growing cabbage. Players can look forward to the joys of RuneScape questing and monster fighting seen through a very different pair of eyes, dealing with beloved characters and mortal enemies alike. The game builds on the magic found in AdVenture Capitalist, where players with little time enjoy the many benefits of playing a game that plays itself.
With RuneScape: Idle Adventures, Hyper Hippo brings its hugely popular game design style to RuneScape’s fantasy world. The team’s most notable title, AdVenture Capitalist – the game that puts the fun in hedge fund, is a long-reigning top game by player count on Steam and is featured regularly on mobile stores with over 10 million downloads to date.
RuneScape: Idle Adventures is heading to PC Steam this spring with mobile and tablet editions to follow. Gamers can follow the latest updates on the game by following @rsidleadv
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strife: Patch 0.2.38 Now Available
- S2 Games has just released a new update for their casual MOBA title: Strife. Patch 0.2.38 introduces a new pet, major crafting changes and mor...
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Review
- The Dragon Ball Z anime and manga is better known as fighting series where you get to see characters just face off in giant fist/energy fights
- Ultima Online (Endless Journey) Discussion
- Ultima Online is over 20 years old. Let's just say that again and really give it some thought. Ultima Online is over 20 years old.