Paladins is Coming to the Nintendo Switch Next Week
As if you needed another reason to love the Nintendo Switch. . .
Paladins, the class-based shooter from Hirez Studios is officially coming to the Nintendo Switch, as of June 12th, 2018. Already played by over 25 million people across PC/Mac, Playstation 4, and the Xbox One, Nintendo fans can also enjoy the shooter on their console next week. Pre-orders will be available as of now and will run at 60fps in both docked/handheld modes, thanks to a custom in-house port of Unreal Engine 3 to offer the full Paladins experience no matter how you want to play. Upon release, Paladins on Nintendo Switch will be available by purchasing the Founder’s Pack for 29.99, and it will include all current and future champions (36 as of this writing), and several Founder Exclusive Cosmetics. Hi-Rez Studios plans on offering a free-to-play version of Paladins for the Switch later this summer. The Switch version of Paladins will also feature crossplay between the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, offering both outlets more people to play with around the world. The “Rise of Furia” event will also arrive on the Switch later this month.
The team-based multiplayer shooter challenges players to use both guns and magic as a legendary Champion of the Realm. Teams must work together to win, with Front Line
Champions securing objectives, Supports keeping them alive, Flanks attacking the backline, and Damage Champions letting the bullets fly. Paladins’ true depth comes from its unique card-based loadout system. These cards allow players to tune each Champion’s abilities to their own preference and style of play. All cards are unlocked immediately and for free, so players can start experimenting with new loadouts in their first minutes of play.
“We’re thrilled to bring one of the world’s most popular shooters to an incredible platform like Nintendo Switch,” said Paladins Executive Producer Chris Larson. “Players will experience the
same fantastic team-based shooter gameplay they know and love in Paladins, now in the palms of their hands.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gloria Victis Steam Early Access Impressions
- Gloria Victis started as a Kickstarter project in late 2012 and unfortunately didn't reach their set goal.
- WildStar Black Focus Tour and Defile Deep Dive
- After three whole months of waiting, NCSoft and Carbine Studios are just about ready to unleash their latest content update for their Sci-Fi/F...
- Guns of Icarus: New co-op mode to be showcased at PAX Prime
- Guns of Icarus Online will be demoing new Co-op mode at PAX Prime this year. Co-op mode is a massive PvE expansion that is essentially a new g...