Old School Runescape Announces ‘Song of the Elves’ Expansion
“Song of the Elves” is the conclusion to a 17-year-long quest series and brings a crystal city to the world of Old School Runescape in today’s update. “Song of the Elves” is a grandmaster-level quest finale, that concludes what is the oldest and the longest quest series in Runescape’s history. The Elf Quest series began in 2002 with Plague City, a novice-level quest, which marked the beginning of RuneScape’s first-ever storyline. Seventeen years later Song of the Elves’ arrival in Old School RuneScape sees adventurers’ team up with characters from across the series to finally put an end to the schemes of Lord Iorwerth and King Lathas and bring peace to the evergreen lands.
Jon Colgrave, Product Manager of Jagex commented on the update:
Song of the Elves is yet another major release for Old School RuneScape, and one of the game’s most significant content updates, following its surge in popularity thanks to the legions of mobile players joining desktop players. The launch of Prifddinas highlights the symbiotic relationship between Old School and RuneScape and is a great example of how the two games influence each other. Originally released in 2014, Prifddinas has been given an ‘Old School’ overhaul and the time has arrived to hand the keys of the elven city to our players.
It’s important to note that “Song of the Elves” is a members-only quest, and players will have access to the following:
All quests in the Elven storyline (the latest being Mourning’s End Part II)
The Making History quest
Level 70 in Agility, Construction, Farming, Herblore, Hunter, Smithing, Mining and Woodcutting
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile: First Ever Charity Race Raises Almost $20K for Child's Play
- Grinding Gear Games announced today that their first charity race event has already raised almost $20,000 to benefit the Child's Play cha...
- Hirez Roundup #14: Public Test Servers
- Not a lot of news this week, unfortunately. But, there's been a lot of time spent in the PTS, specifically in the new Conquest Map.
- Skyforge and Armored Warfare Office Tour
- Eric Demilt kicked things off with a look at what has been and what will be in one of the most successful MMORPG launches of 2015, Skyforge.