Neverwinter Celebrates Its Fifth Anniversary, 18 Million Players And More
Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios are proud to announce that Neverwinter has officially hit its 5th year anniversary. In addition, nearly 18 million players have dove into the plane of Faerun (Forgotten Realms), which has 13 modules from Tyranny of Dragons, Underdark, Tomb of Annihilation and more. In that time the game also spread to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One and has seen a pair of new classes in Scourge Warlock and Oathbound Paladin, dozens of campaign settings, and much more. Fan-favorites from the novels and tabletop have come to life, like Minsc and Boo, Drizzt Do’Urden to add flavor to the hundreds of hours of gameplay. If that weren’t enough, the Ravenloft campaign setting is releasing next week. To celebrate, the Protector’s Jubilee will be underway starting June 23rd at 7 am PT on PC, and 10 am PT on Console.
“Cryptic Studios has spent the last half-decade crafting a uniquely action-packed role-playing experience that has resonated with both tabletop and video gaming fans,” said Stephen D’Angelo, CEO of Cryptic Studios. “Working with Wizards of the Coast to bring the Forgotten Realms to life has been a dream for many of us. Watching the game grow beyond what we imagined with so much support from our players has been incredible. I’d like to thank the team and our community for making Neverwinter what it is today. Here’s to the first five and many more!”
“We knew Cryptic Studios was capable of bringing Dungeons & Dragons to a new gaming audience with their experience creating unique and compelling experiences with City of Heroes, Champions Online and Star Trek Online,” said Yoon Im, Perfect World Entertainment’s Senior VP of Publishing. “Five years later, players across the globe have embraced our spin on D&D on both PC and consoles. The shared passion our community, developers and publishing team have forNeverwinter has taken us to places we never expected. Thank you.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Epigenesis Introduces Single Player Mode, All New Legacy Arena Level
- Dead Shark Triplepunch announces the addition of a single player mode and a Legacy Arena to Epigenesis.
- Luminary: Rise of Goonzu Releases Major Update
- Luminary: Rise of Goonzu is back in a big way, with a huge update that solves quite a few fixes and issues with the game.
- H1Z1 Early Access Now Available on Steam Worldwide
- The H1Z1 virus has spread beyond SOE labs and is now available on PC to all survivors worldwide through Steam's Early Access program star...