Last Oasis Announces Spring 2019 Early Access Phase
Last Oasis will be launching into Early Access in Spring of 2019 from Donkey Crew. The Nomadic Survival MMO’s Early Access date will be announced in the coming weeks. Thousands of years in Earth’s future, a cataclysmic event has halted the rotation of the Earth and destroyed our moon. When this occurred, the planet became split into two extreme but equally inhospitable climates. The side that faces the sun is a dry, arid wasteland, and the other is shrouded by ice and darkness. There’s a tiny strip of habitable land, known as the Twilight zone. It’s a strip of land between desert and ice, moving slowly around the earth as the planet rotates around the sun. The remnants of humanity gather at a large walking city, the Flotilla. But outside of that zone, clans fight for survival over resources and territory.
In Last Oasis, players take on the role of the unwilling chosen nomads from Flotilla. They must gather resources and build Walkers; large woodpunk inspired ship-like machines required for world traveling, combat, base building, and harvesting. Walkers are upgradable and can be equipped with different attachments for these various purposes. At the highest level, clan warfare incorporates multiple walkers and players manning them on both sides. Large amounts of resources will be destroyed during clan wars, so players must think carefully about what and when to attack. Over time, clans will form alliances and hostilities. There will be times of peace, times of global war and constant player development.
“In Last Oasis, Clan Warfare fuels the economy, the economy encourages traders, traders encourage piracy, pirates encourage mercenaries…” said Florian Hofreither, Project Lead. “Everything is designed to be interconnected, players affect other players with their actions, often without even knowing it. This leads to a meaningful, evolving world and real player-driven stories.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guardians of Middle-Earth Steam Launch Review
- While there is more to the game than simply marching up the three lane map (there is also an optional one lane map) and mowing down enemy towe...
- Gloria Victis: Headshot Detection Implemented
- Another update greatly improving the combat mechanics and NPC enemies AI just hit Gloria Victis' servers.
- Winter has returned: Grimm’s Crossing Rejoins Heroes of Newerth
- Fans of the popular MOBA, Heroes of Newerth, can let out a collective sigh of relief, as today the team announced that its snow covered, three...