Humankind Announced at Gamescom by SEGA and Amplitude
A new style of historical strategy was announced by SEGA and Amplitude Studios during Gamescom 2019. Humankind will have players rewriting the course of well, humankind. This ambitious turn-based strategy game will have players leading their people from the Neolithic era to the modern age, combining cultures as they progress through the eras. Humankind will release in 2020, but we have a teaser of it today.
As explained by chief creative officer, Romain de Waubert:
Amplitude Studios was founded with the intention of creating this game, all the games we’ve created up until now have been leading up to this moment. We are so excited to finally be able to share with the community what has been at the heart of Amplitude since day one.
Features of Humankind:
- One million civilizations– Create your own unique civilization by combining 60 different historical cultures from across the heritage of humanity. Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings—the choice is up to you. Each culture brings its own special gameplay layer, leading to near-endless outcomes.
- More than history, it’s your story – Face real historical events and figures, make great scientific discoveries, and visit the wonders of the world. Shape your people’s beliefs and confront other players. Every decision you make adds a flourish to your story.
- In the eyes of posterity– The journey matters more than a destination. Fame is a new and unifying victory condition. Every great deed you accomplish, every moral choice you make, every battle won will build your fame and leave a lasting impact on the world. The player with the most fame will win the game.
- A tactical world – Show off your tactical skills by mastering terrain elevation, city-building, full tactical battles, and warfare. Choose the high ground for your city, and it will be harder to siege. Deploy your archers in the woods to avoid stampeding horsemen. Call upon your allies to help you in times of need and transform an epic battle into a full-scale multiplayer world war!
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Nexon Europe Launches Lost Saga Open Beta
- Lost Saga EU launches its open beta today, with special events offering great prizes and new character releases promised for next week.
- 4Story M: Flying Dragon Arrows Official Launch
- The motto of 4STORY M: FLYING DRAGON ARROWS was based on the old Cabal Shooter style action game called Blood Bros.