H1Z1 Announces Pro League And Moves to Free-to-Play
Daybreak has announced this morning new details concerning the inaugural season of the H1Z1 Pro League (H1PL). This is the first professional Battle Royale Esports League, and will kick off in April 21st in Las Vegas, NV. Fifteen of the best and most well-known esports organizations have signed up for the H1PL, and will compete over two 10-week splits at Caesars Entertainment Studios. H1PL is also the first esports league to name Las Vegas as their home city. For more information on this, as well as the complete list of teams, click below. In other news, H1Z1 has also officially moved into Free-to-Play territory, and to thank their players, everyone who already purchased the game will receive the “H1Z1 Appreciation Pack”, containing the following items:
- Gasrunner Hoodie
- Bloom Survivor T-Shirt
- Splinter Camo ARV
- 10 Victory Crates
- 10,000 Skulls
They have also added Bronze, Silver, and Gold “Battle Royale” Packs, for 19.99/49.99, and 99.99 respectively.
“We are very excited to announce that H1Z1 will be free to play starting today. Not only does this decision allow us to share our version of Battle Royale and Auto Royale with even more players, but it signifies the next step in making H1Z1 a must-watch esport. The Pro League is going to redefine esports when it kicks off in Las Vegas this April, and whether a person is an aspiring pro athlete or just wants to play with friends, we want everyone to have the chance to play the most competitive battle royale game.” — Anthony Castoro, H1Z1 General Manager
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Kingdom Conquest II Rare Card Giveaway
- In celebration of Kingdom Conquest II reaching 5 million downloads, Sega has agreed to partner with OnRPG and MMOHut to give out a pack of Whi...
- Metro Conflict Shutting Down
- OG Planet announced last week that its MMOFPS, Metro Conflict, will be shut down. The servers will go offline on April 25, 2016.
- PAX Prime 2013 Day 2 Recap: Guild Wars 2, Eon Altar, and Smashmuck Champions
- The second day of any major convention is always a tad bit slower than the opening day. Or perhaps you just are after having survived opening ...