Call of Duty: Mobile Launches in October
Activision announced alongside Tencent, that Call of Duty: Mobile launches on October 1st. The launch will be in every country where Google Play and the App Store are supported, except Mainland China, Vietnam, and Belgium. This is the definitive mobile first-person shooter CoD experience, bringing fan-favorite maps, modes, weapons and more from across the franchise to a mobile platform. This includes content from the Modern Warfare and Black Ops franchises.
Chris Plummer, VP, Mobile at Activision discussed the launch:
We are delivering the definitive, first-person action experience on mobile with signature Call of Duty gameplay in the palms of your hands. We are bringing together some of the best the franchise has to offer, including Modern Warfare maps like Crash and Crossfire, Black Ops maps like Nuketown and Hijacked, and many more, into one epic title. We’ve tested the game extensively in select territories and the feedback we’ve received has helped us refine the experience for October 1.
In the Multiplayer modes, players will experience fluid FPS Call of Duty action, in Teach Deathmatch, Search and Destroy, and Free-For All modes. Nuketown, Crash, Hijacked, and other popular maps will be playable. Players will be able to rank up to earn classic Call of Duty characters such as John “Soap” MacTavish and Simon “Ghost” Riley from the Modern Warfare series, as well as Alex Mason from the Black Ops series. Weapons, scorestreaks and additional gear for equipping and customizing loadouts are also at players’ fingertips for the ultimate Call of Duty experience.
Battle Royale mode is a unique take on the genre from within the Call of Duty universe, specifically built and tailored for Call of Duty: Mobile. Up to 100 combatants will fight for survival in a map designed exclusively for the mobile title featuring locations from across the Call of Duty franchise in solos, duos or four-person teams. Players can battle across land, sea, and air with vehicles including an ATV, helicopter, and tactical raft while finding and equipping gear and weapons that span the series.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hirez Roundup #32: I Dream of Hera
- Before I get into the nitty-gritty, I want to discuss Hera briefly. There isn't much available on her now, and all we've seen is art...
- Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Impressions
- Dirty Bomb has a decent foundation to work with, but there’s a lot that needs to be done in order to make it stand out from other modern FPS...
- Villagers and Heroes: The Grinchta Event Now Available
- A wintry wonderland has descended upon the Seven Realms! Tis' the yuletide season, and Villagers and Heroes has been seized with the holi...