Worlds of Magic: Now Using Unity 5 Engine
GDC this year is bursting with great news for independent developers especially. One of the most exciting is probably Unity Technologies announcing Unity 5 – the next generation of a well-known engine, bringing a whole bunch of new features. Wastelands Interactive developers decided to use this opportunity and move their 4X turn-based strategy game – Worlds of Magic, to a whole new level. The game will be launched on Unity 5 on March 19th this year.
Watch the new gameplay trailer video HERE. You can also buy the PC version of the game now via Steam Early Access visiting Worlds of Magic product page HERE or support developers directly and buy the game from their store HERE.
Worlds of Magic will be the first 4X game of such a scale released on Unity 5 and Wastelands Interactive developers are most excited about the features the new edition of the engine brought to the table.
The new generation of Unity 3D gives us more control over the creation of out game. With the new, just released Unity 5.0 we will be able to greatly increase the stability and overall performance of Worlds of Magic. The new audio mixer will make the game sound better. We will also be able to illuminate the objects in many more ways and make all the materials look more realistic, which will lead to the whole game looking way better visually. Thus new Unity 5.0 is not only a much better tool for developers, making our jobs more efficient, but what is most important, this will give players a much more stable, smoother running, better looking and sounding games. We are very happy that such a large project as Worlds of Magic will be released in just two weeks after making Unity 5.0 available for developers. – said Leszek Lisowski, Wastelands Interactive CEO.
Worlds of Magic, unlike many other games out there, has not only went through Kickstarter campaign successfully and appeared on Steam Early Access, but will also be published across platforms including launching on PC, Mac, Linux on March 19th and on PS4 in Q3 this year.
For more info, visit http://
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fable Legends Cancelled in Surprise Announcement
- In a shocking announcement this morning, Microsoft revealed that it was cancelling development on Fable Legends.
- Ecol Tactics Enters Commercial Launch
- Leading online game publisher GamesCampus today launches its first global browser title, Ecol Tactics Online. The turn-based strategy game mo...
- INSIDIA: Post-Apocalyptic Online PvP Mayhem Start on September 7th
- Bad Seed's Insidia is launching on Steam's Early Access platform on Sept 7th, and Gamescom visitors will have a chance to do battle ...