World of Warships Features Sinister Submarines Stalking the Seas Starting Today
The third Halloween-themed mission for World of Warships has begun and brings with it one of the most requested features: Submarines. The new mission is entitled “Terror of the Deep” and has players submerging into the deep and tasks them with a new dimension of tactical movement in depth. This spooky new operation will run until November 15, giving players two weeks to take on this new challenge and become skilled commanders of this latest addition to World of Warships. There will be five different submarines, each with their own unique commanders and loadouts to use during the operation:
- Barracuda (Commander: Victor F. Einstein)
- Zipper Sub (Commander: Mina Hurray)
- Gerfalcon (Commander: Ivan K. Ulibin)
- Seelöwe (Commander: Lazarus Centurio)
- Killer Whale (Commander: Klaus V. Teslau)
Their ultimate goal is to defeat the villainous Rasputin, the force behind the twisted spooky look to the world. Players start at their home port with the Barracuda, unlocking the other subs by completing certain criteria in the event. With the addition of submarines, players will also be introduced to new tactical options that a new dimension of movement provides. Changes in depth will affect visibility and the possibility to attack, depending on whether you are on the water’s surface, periscope depth, or deep waters. Also, make sure to keep an eye out for a new type of danger: depth charges. This event allows the developers to test new mechanics that could be used in the future, and based on community feedback, they will consider introducing submarines as the fifth ship type in the game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ashes of Creation's Creative Director Lays Out Content Roadmap Details
- Ashes of Creation's Creative Director Steven Sharif recently wrote a massive blog, going over what's gone on with Intrepid Studios.
- Dark Souls III Early Hands-On Impressions
- Calistoga, California – home of the Amorosa Winery Castle and the setting for the first hands-on demo of Dark Souls III. Checkout what we di...
- Battle Command Review
- Battle Commands takes on the strategic approach where you build up structures and units that provide either defense, offense, and/or resources