World of Tanks release date announced
World of Tanks will officially launch on April 12, its publisher Wargaming.net has announced today.
World of Tanks has been in beta for nine months, and will soon launch its clan wars system which will allow clans to battle for control of money-rich provinces on a special global map. The game features realistic vehicle-based combat, destructible environments, and customizable tanks in a World War II setting. For more information, check our World of Tanks page.
World of Tanks Gameplay Screenshot
World of Tanks Release Date Announced
London (17th March, 2011) — Wargaming.net is glad to announce today that its highly-anticipated free-to-play action MMO game World of Tanks is set to launch on 12th April, 2011 in Europe and North America.
With this announcement, the company reports World of Tanks to be gradually entering the release phase after nine successive months of closed and open beta testing that let the game recruit an impressive number of players building up a strong and responsive community that helped the development team enhance and polish the game by providing valuable feedback and reporting issues.World of Tanks is one of the most recognizable vehicle-based MMO games where players fight action-packed battles driving historically accurate WWII-era armored machines. The game’s stunning graphics, destructible environments, a wide variety of military hardware with a vast choice of upgrade options along with captivating and well-balanced gameplay make it a must-try for almost every gamer.
“Our team has been working really hard to create a unique blend of action, strategy, simulation and RPG elements in World of Tanks, and now the moment all fans across the globe have been waiting for is right around the corner”, said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “We are delighted to be finally announcing the release date for this ground-breaking title and invite all veteran players and those new to the game to enjoy tense and uncompromising armored warfare on World of Tanks battlegrounds”.
Join the open beta at:
· http://game.worldoftanks.com/registration/ (North America)
· http://game.worldoftanks.eu/registration/ (Europe)
Articles You May Enjoy
- How Vivox's 3D-Positional Audio Tech is Changing the Gaming Landscape
- I recently had the pleasure of talking with the people at Vivox, who make the 3D positional audio technology for games like PUBG!
- World of Tanks 360 Announces Le Barrage Français Update
- Wargaming announced today the addition of the Le Barrage Français content update for its free to play console multiplayer game, World of Tank...
- Firefall Launches New Battleframe
- Red 5 Studios announced today that Firefall’s new Arsenal Battleframe has launched as part of the in-game “Omnicon” event, running Aug. ...