World of Tanks announces 8-bit showdown mode
Wargaming today announced a brand new combat mode for World of Tanks—Winter Showdown. This new 8-Bit mode will offer exclusive in-game content including three custom-built vehicles, new map and platooning setups.
Available exclusively in Winter Showdown mode will be mega platoons, featuring 5 players instead of 3. Winter Showdown will offer several game setups: 2 mega platoons vs. 2 mega platoons or 10 vs. 10 in random.
To complement Winter Showdown mode, Wargaming have designed three exclusive tanks: the Mammoth heavy tank, the Polar Bear Tank Destroyer, and the Arctic Fox light tank. Each of these three tanks has a clearly designed role on the battlefield: the Mammoth is a close-quarters tank; the Polar Bear is a long-range, sniper vehicle; the Arctic Fox is quick, scouting tank. To complement these vehicles, there are special Gold rounds that can be used to heal teammates.
Also designed for Winter Showdown mode is an original battle arena, and a new medal, Operation Winter, that will be given to players that perform exceptionally well in this mode.
The Winter Showdown mode has multiple start dates depending on a player’s region. For those in North America, Europe, and Asia, the start date is January 26th, 2015. For those in the Korean Republic, the start date is January 15th, 2015.
For more info, visit http://worldoftanks.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- R.O.H.A.N.: Veangeance - 'Trinity' Race Update
- On June 4th, 2018, R.O.H.A.N.: Vengeance was launched by games publisher PlaywithSEA, and alongside this came the Trinity race in an update.
- ArenaNet Reveals The Revenant Elite Specialization: Herald
- Today, ArenaNet is finally revealing the elite specialization for the revenant. Meet the herald.
- Blade & Soul New Class Soul Fighter Now Live
- Today NCSOFT West unleashed the much-anticipated Soul Fighter class in Blade & Soul.