World of Tanks announces 8-bit showdown mode
Wargaming today announced a brand new combat mode for World of Tanks—Winter Showdown. This new 8-Bit mode will offer exclusive in-game content including three custom-built vehicles, new map and platooning setups.
Available exclusively in Winter Showdown mode will be mega platoons, featuring 5 players instead of 3. Winter Showdown will offer several game setups: 2 mega platoons vs. 2 mega platoons or 10 vs. 10 in random.
To complement Winter Showdown mode, Wargaming have designed three exclusive tanks: the Mammoth heavy tank, the Polar Bear Tank Destroyer, and the Arctic Fox light tank. Each of these three tanks has a clearly designed role on the battlefield: the Mammoth is a close-quarters tank; the Polar Bear is a long-range, sniper vehicle; the Arctic Fox is quick, scouting tank. To complement these vehicles, there are special Gold rounds that can be used to heal teammates.
Also designed for Winter Showdown mode is an original battle arena, and a new medal, Operation Winter, that will be given to players that perform exceptionally well in this mode.
The Winter Showdown mode has multiple start dates depending on a player’s region. For those in North America, Europe, and Asia, the start date is January 26th, 2015. For those in the Korean Republic, the start date is January 15th, 2015.
For more info, visit http://worldoftanks.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Golden Age launches Bloodlust server and new features
- Aeria Games has launched a new server, Bloodlust, for its browser-based strategy game Golden Age.
- Shroud of the Avatar Prepares for Final Data Wipe
- Shroud of the Avatar backers will be able to lay claim to a permanent plot of land in the fantasy MMO.
- Vainglory Reveals Details of new Hero, Fortress
- Super Evil Megacorps' runaway smash hit mobile MOBA, Vainglory, is set to reveal its newest hero, Fortress