World Of Battleships Gets Name Change
Wargaming has announced that its upcoming naval MMO, World of Battleships, has been renamed World of Warships.
World of Warships will continue to focus on the same gameplay and combat as before, simply under a new name; it will also be included in the common economic system between World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi stated:
“The company is gearing up, and so are its titles. In addition to more accurately reflecting the game’s core essence, World of Warships™ will correspond more closely to the framework of our Wargaming universe.”
World of Warships Gameplay Screenshot
Wargaming Renames World of Battleships to World of Warships
New Title to Better Reflect Wargaming Universe
2nd August 2012 — Wargaming, the award-winning global video game developer and publisher, today announced that its upcoming naval MMO action game, World of Battleships, has been retitled to World of Warships™. All further references to the game and its development will continue under the new title.
“The company is gearing up, and so are its titles,” said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming. “In addition to more accurately reflecting the game’s core essence, World of Warships™ will correspond more closely to the framework of our Wargaming universe.”
While the game has changed its title, the gameplay hasn’t. World of Warships™ will still focus on straightforward naval action gameplay, including accessible controls, historically accurate vessels and combat, as well as a deep and engaging upgrade and customization system.
World of Warships™ will also be included in the Wargaming.net common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three titles.
World of Warships™ is scheduled to set sail in 2013.
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder to Receive 7th Nation
- Update 1.73 for War Thunder is bringing some huge firepower along with it: The French Nation joins the battle with more than 30 French planes!
- LEGO Minifigures Updates With Element System & More
- Funcom has kept the updates coming for players of LEGO Minifigures, introducing the Element System and preparing to launch Series 12.
- WildStar Dominion Adventure Preview - Riot in the Void
- Now it’s time to read up on how the Dominion handles business with their own starting adventure: “Riot in the Void.”