Words With Friends Begins Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign
Zynga revealed today that their title Words with Friends has begun a month-long initiative to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. With that, they began a Social Campaign, #WordsWithHope. Each day in October on their social channels, a word of hope and corresponding statement will be shared from people whose lives have been touched by breast cancer. They hope to shine a light on the importance of screening and early detection, as well as honor the warriors that faced this diagnosis.
Deepthi Menon, Senior Vice President of Words With Friends at Zynga discussed the campaign:
Statistics show that one in eight women in the U.S. will receive a breast cancer diagnosis in their lifetime. And we’ve seen the power that community can have in bolstering strength, courage, and humor during times of illness. Over the years, our players have shared their stories of friendship and support that they’ve found in Words With Friends, and we’re proud to be joined by these incredible, esteemed women to spotlight this cause that touches so many.
The #WordsWithHope campaign begins today with iconic singer and actress Olivia Newton-John, and her word, “thriver.” You can follow Zynga on their social media channels to keep up with the campaign. To join in on the campaign, follow Zynga on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and follow Words With Friends on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends - Interview with Clash Product Manager Leanne Loombe
- Earlier this week, I had the chance to interview Riot Games' Leanne Loombe, who is the Product Manager of the upcoming Clash mode.
- Wild West Online to Launch in 2017
- 612 Games announces today that the recently revealed online multiplayer game Wild West Online will launch this year on PC.
- ArenaNet reveals Guild Wars 2 Warrior Elite Specialization
- Today ArenaNet revealed the berserker, the elite specialization for the warrior profession debuting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.