WildStar: The Strain Blighthaven and Northern Wastes Details Revealed
Last week, Carbine Studios announced its first “Ultra Drop” for WildStar — The Strain – which was introduced to fans by way of a Flick. This week, Carbine is rolling out additional details about the first content update starting today with a deeper look at the new zones; Blighthaven and Northern Wastes.
What is the heck is the Strain you ask? Born in the depths of a mysterious Eldan laboratory, the Strain is a virulent biological anomaly that has begun to spread across planet Nexus. With the power to change life forms into terrifying, mutated abominations, the Strain is an unimaginably dangerous threat. All efforts to fight this nightmarish plague have met with failure. Does it have anything to do with what happened to the Eldan? And can the universe be saved, or is it already too late?
Blighthaven is a diseased wasteland home to the secrets of the Genesis Prime’s creation. A foul and corrupted region in the vast Grimvault hellscape, Blighthaven is dominated by bestial Strain abominations, out-of-control Eldan constructs and a bizarre alien monstrosity called the Globellum. Bring your A-game, plenty of ammo and a full pack of medishots. In Blighthaven, players will explore areas like the Globellum, Cankertube Swamps, Sanctuary of the Keepers and Genesis Chamber.
The saga of the Northern Wilds continues for max level players with Northern Wastes, which will pick up the story from the last time players were in the zone. In the wake of the battle of Camp Icefury, both factions have returned to the Northern Wilds to lay claim to the frozen wasteland. But as the conflict between the bitter enemies intensifies, a new danger emerges from an ancient Eldan exo-lab, threatening heroes from both sides. Players can compete in new public events, quests, challenges and path missions.
Additional information about Blighthaven and Northern Wastes can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Apollo's Racer Rumble Patch Livestream Recap
- Today was another SMITE patch note reveal stream - and this one's an exciting one as Patch 4.6 includes Apollo's Racer Rumble, a new...
- Auto Club Revolution: Maserati Cars Coming Soon
- Now the world-famous Italian brand is preparing to bring one of its most sought-after models, the 2011 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale, to yo...
- Shot Online Announces Major March Update
- Shot Online will bring its latest content update and brand-new features on 15th March, 2016 (UTC).