Wargaming.net League 2014: First Season Kicks Off
Wargaming today announced that the first season of the Wargaming.net League 2014 has officially begun in a number of regions around the world, complete with a $2.5 million prize pool. The company will invest $10,000,000 in eSports’ promotion in 2014.
“At our Grand Finals in Warsaw, Poland, we saw the sheer amount of passion, excitement, and dedication that players around the globe have for World of Tanks,” said Mohamed Fadl, eSports Director of Europe and North America at Wargaming. “Starting up the first season of our 2014 activities will once again see the most skillful fight for the right to be called the best World of Tanks players in the world, and we can’t wait to watch the action unfold.”
The first season will see competitors from five key regions around the world battle for World of Tanks supremacy, including the Commonwealth of Independent States, the European Union, North America, China, and Asia. A change from last year, the Asia region will now include the nation of Korea to offer players a higher degree of competition, while providing spectators with more action-packed and exciting matches.
Below are the dates of the official launch of Season 1 of the Wargaming.net League per region:
- Asia (including Korea)—May 10th
- European Union—May 12th
- North America—May 12th
- Commonwealth of Independent States—May 19th
- China—May 26th
For more information on the Wargaming.net League, please visit: http://wgleague.net
Articles You May Enjoy
- TERA Brawler Test Server Preview
- After witnessing the new class being demonstrated in the South Korean version of TERA, I was curious to try it out for myself.
- BMW brand cars to be featured in "World of Speed"
- My.com are very excited to welcome BMW to World of Speed. BMW has a rich racing history dating all the way back to the golden age of racing an...
- Everquest Next Worldwide Debut at SOE Live
- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that its annual community fan event, SOE Live, is officially sold out of advance passes, a...