Wargaming Marks 15 Years in Gaming with Big Announcements
Wargaming, the award-winning videogame developer and publisher, has announced a new business unit in North America and shed light on future plans for its projects and IPs ahead of the celebration marking the company’s 15th anniversary.
The newly opened office in Austin, Texas will be home to Wargaming’s Producing Center, Central Technology and Global Business Intelligence Groups. Responsible for the coordination, analysis, management and support of the company’s design and production processes, the office will help streamline communication between its teams and global studios.
Along with continuing its global expansion, Wargaming has also officially announced the acquisition of the Total Annihilation and Master of Orion IPs.
“Total Annihilation and Master of Orion are strategy game classics,” said Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi. “Although it’s too soon to disclose any details, we are more than willing to give a new lease of life to these games most of us grew up playing. It’s exactly where our major focus will be.”
It has been also revealed that the company’s flight combat MMO action game World of Warplanes will get British aircraft before the launch.
“British engineers built many iconic military aircraft that are a must for any flight combat game,” said Vlad Belozerov, World of Warplanes’ Director of Global Operations. “Flying legends like the Spitfire, the Blenheim F and the Javelin warplanes will add a considerable amount of depth to the game and more immersion for players.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Thoth God in Review
- Thoth is one of the most interesting Gods in SMITE‘s Egyptian Pantheon!
- Kabam Acquires Games Studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games
- Kabam, Inc., today announced it has acquired Los Angeles-based games studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games. The move will expand Kabam’s glob...
- Vindictus Open Beta Begins Sept 15
- Vindictus open beta begins September 15. The open beta for Vindictus will not have any character wipes and will be open to many more players t...