Wargaming and RAF Museum Announce Dornier 17 Final Resting Place
Wargaming today announced the Dornier Do17 aircraft’s final resting place at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, Shropshire, United Kingdom upon completion of the restoration in 2015.
In 2013, Wargaming and the Royal Air Force Museum set out to restore the only known surviving Dornier Do17 aircraft and provide visitors with the opportunity to view the renovation process and learn more about its history and role throughout World War II. The exhibit currently features restored pieces of the plane and upon completion next year, the Dornier Do17 aircraft will be featured alongside the Wargaming.net Interpretation Zone.
Additionally, to celebrate the opening of the Wargaming.net Interpretation Zone on Feb. 28, Wargaming and the RAF Museum launched a mobile application, Apparition, using augmented reality to view a virtual version of the aircraft flying over the museum. Users were encouraged to submit photos of the hundreds of virtual Do17’s from around the world, and the top 15 photos from Australia, UK, Ukraine, Philippines, Mexico and the USA were chosen to be on display at the exhibit.
“Offering people around the world to participate in each step of the Dornier Do17 renovation process has been a truly gratifying experience,” said Tracy Spaight, Special Projects Director at Wargaming. “As a company heavily invested in the preservation of military history, we feel it’s important to show our gratitude and appreciation towards these unique relics.“
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wushu: Item Locker Now Available
- As part of the continuous efforts to offer more in-game security options to players, Age of Wushu is introducing the Item Locker this week.
- Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Launches Today on PC/Steam
- It's time, Warframe fans! Plains of Eidolon, the gigantic update for Warframe is finally here!
- One Piece Online: JoyGames Announces Closed Beta Test
- Today, JoyGames would like to announce closed beta for their new tower defense ARPG One Piece Online. The closed beta phase will begin on Janu...