Warframe Sands of Inaros Update Launches
Today marks the first of many major updates planned in 2016 for Digital Extremes’ Free-to-Play hit, Warframe®. Sands of Inaros reaches PC players today with a brand-new mummy-themed Warframe, a new quest, updates to Reactor Sabotage Missions, and more. The update continues Digital Extremes’ dedicated effort to redefine the Free-to-Play experience in a AAA way through constant interaction with their players, better known as Tenno, for feedback that results in regular new content additions and sometimes major gameplay overhauls that keep the game fresh and exciting to new and seasoned players.
Launching today on PC (and coming soon to consoles), the update introduces Inaros, a mummy-themed Warframe with classic ancient Egyptian flair. Tenno may prove themselves worthy of Inaros’ strength and unlock this unique Warframe Blueprint by completing the all-new Sands of Inaros Quest.
NEW INAROS WARFRAME: Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus’ newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos’ sandstorms. Inaros’ Abilities
are as follows:
- DESICCATION — Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
- DEVOUR — Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
- SANDSTORM — Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand.
- SCARAB SWARM — Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
REACTOR SABOTAGE 2.0: Ship Sabotage missions have received a total overhaul, complete with diverse mission objectives and new Sabotage-unique tiles. Reactor Sabotage 2.0 includes:
- Interactive Mission objectives that change depending on squad playstyles. These objectives create unique environmental hazards and varying extraction goals depending on squad choice. Squads may choose to push through the attack, defend an important piece of the reactor, or take a more stealthy approach to complete the objective.
- Six new Grineer tiles.
- Six new Corpus tiles.
OROKIN MOON — NEW GAME MODES: The Orokin Moon tileset has been expanded to include new game modes. These additions include:
- Defense, Spy and Capture Missions.
- 20 new environmental tiles.
- Overall improvements to older tileset rooms, including graphical and lighting adjustments.
- LESION — An instrument of unrelenting harm.
- MUTALIST CERNOS — Overcome with Infestation, this bow’s arrows now spread poisonous contagion to any surface they hit.
- DUAL TOXOCYST — Brain-strikes excite this bioweapon, causing it to rapidly release toxic munitions.
- XIPHOS — Featuring Sentry Gun air-support, this stylish new Landing Craft is an asset in any battle.
- ABRASYS SYANDANA — This textured cape evokes stone scarred but not destroyed by the sea’s tireless onslaught.
- CELESTIA SYANDANA — This Conclave Exclusive cape allows Tenno to wear their bragging rights, by displaying Daily Conclave Challenge progress with a beam of light for each completed challenge.
CHAT CHANGES: The Sands of Inaros update also brings a complete overhaul for Warframe’s UI, including new features and more intuitive settings for private conversations and player searching.
- WARFRAME EMOJI — It’s never been easier to express yourself in Warframe. Share your feelings without words, using your favorite emoji as well as some fantastic Warframe exclusive emoji.
PC players can download Warframe with the new Sands of Inaros update for free today! PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players will receive this update soon.
Articles You May Enjoy
- KurtzPel Press Preview
- KurtzPel has a PVP focus, with the PVE being the side-content. It's intense, has a cool look, and has a lot to offer.
- 7 Days to Die Alpha Preview
- 7 Days to Die managed to get over double of the goal pledged by its multitude of ravenous fan backers. The game recently went into alpha and I...
- Neverwinter PlayStation 4 Now Available
- Neverwinter - the Dungeons & Dragons-based, free-to-play MMORPG - is now available for PlayStation®4.