War Thunder’s Operation S.U.M.M.E.R. 2018 Begins Today
Gaijin Entertainment’s War Thunder begins their annual Operation S.U.M.M.E.R. 2018, that will last for two weeks. Until August 5th, players can unlock two rare, premium tanks just by playing the game. This year, players can obtain both the up-armored medium T-34E and the super-heavy IS-7 tank, as well as plenty of other prizes like boosters, skins, decorators, decals and more. To get the rare tanks, players will have to show some real craftsmanship, given that they’ll have to construct them themselves. Completing specific tasks and by participating in battle, players will receive blueprints and resources to build the tanks. Out of those resources, players craft the various components of the tank they want to build, such as the main cannon, chassis, turret and more. During crafting, knowledge of the vehicle in questions is key, from the multiple options available to combine parts to components, only one will lead to success. If the chosen part is incorrect though, all parts will be returned so players can try again.
Sometimes, finding the right option to go with can be pretty obvious – a tank gun certainly doesn’t need two muzzle brakes for one barrel, for example. While constructing other parts, however, players will have to delve a bit deeper into their knowledge about the tanks they wish to build. What shapes do the hatches on the IS-7’s turret have? How many shock absorbers are there for each track? To answer these questions, War Thunder’s virtual engineers can take a look at the War Thunder website or ask some of the experts in the community on the official forum or our social media channels. But for those who are not interested in the T-34E, they can exchange the vehicle voucher they receive for completing the crafting process, that will grant one of three premium vehicles: the German Sd.Kfz. 234/4, the U.S. M8 Greyhound or the British AEC Mk.II
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder is Introducing Guided Missile Weaponry
- Gaijin Entertainment today announced that War Thunder’s next major update will introduce new tanks armed with guided missile weaponry.
- World of Tanks Blitz German Tank Destroyers Roll In
- World of Tanks update 2.11 lets loose a number of German tank destroyers from the famous Grille 15 branch, as well as new map Vineyards.
- Wurm Online Launches on December 12
- Wurm Online has officially announced that it will release on December 12, 2012.